HB 55 - Removal of Colleges/Universities from PFZ list

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by rabbivj, Jan 26, 2011.

1. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

another Franklin special...

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Code Section 16-11-127.1, relating to carrying a weapon within a school safety zone, at school functions, or on school property, so as to repeal a prohibition against carrying a weapon at postsecondary facilities; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

Good bill imho...thoughts?

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en- ... tion=32065

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Link to bill?

3. XD9SC

XD9SC New Member

Looks good to me.

I will send my state rep an email in support of the bill. The real question is will she respond, so far 0-2 in getting anything back.

4. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Don't focus on the bills yet. Take her to lunch and get her to put a face with a name. If she has a position on guns, you are just one more email in the filter. If she knows who you are and passes you in the grocery store, it is much easier to converse and persuade.

5. XD9SC

XD9SC New Member

Really good thought. I will probably create a thread tonight seeing if there is any one else in my district who might want to do a group meeting with our state rep. Maybe a better chance of her taking the meeting.

6. Nate223

Nate223 New Member

I wish this bill would pass. I have a permit and my school went into lock down. We were stuck in the classrooms and I felt totally helpless not being able to defend myself. Very, very helpless feeling. Any suggestions for me to help this get passed, please. I would love to help.

7. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Sure! Join GeorgiaCarry.org and join us at hearings!

Welcome aboard!

8. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

What he said, and would you think about testifying at committee hearings if this came up?

9. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

This works! :righton:

10. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Unless something magical happens before the house is done for the day. :(

11. Could possibly get an amendment in SB-102 or SB-98. I'd like to see the original SB-98 come back up and have "School Safety Zones" replaced with something like "on the premises of a Public K-12 school, unless exempt under subsection (c)."

12. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Unless some of it's language can get added into one of the bills that did pass over or one of those bills changes the way things are through other restrictions or wording being removed.

13. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Wish it weren't so. Patrick. We need about ten thousand students to get involved. Understand that this fight is not over, and GeorgiaCarry.org is in the fray. Many of us have written our legislators to tell them how we feel about the amendments for SB-102 and SB-98. Have you and your gun friendly friends written letters. The "power of the pen" is mighty! get ten thousand of your friends to join GCO and we'll have some serious clout! I know you work hard, but share the wealth!

14. Speevl

Speevl Active Member

What happens to Franklin's seat since his passing?