Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I would like to see more restrictions removed first or at least add GWL holders to the 130reason list.
Hopefully, at some point soon, there won't be much difference than being on the 130 list. There is a lot less difference today than just ten years ago.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
... but the GA legislature is not ready to give back that much freedom.
No legislature, in Georgia or any other state or the federal government, is ever ready to give back freedom. Sadly, it must be wrested from them, sometimes peaceably, sometimes by force, but it must always be taken back.

The peaceful method is where our phone calls, faxes, emails, actual written letters, capitol visits, and most of all knowing our individual legislators before we go demanding a freedom back comes into play.

The by force method needs no description.

·
Just a Man
6,037 Posts
I would beat that his bill has not been vetted/discussed with (created a consensus among the House members) anyone in leadership, which really hurts a Bill like this to try and get it going. None of the co-sponsors appear to be a part of the House leadership or Chairmen/leaders of any committees.

Oh well.

I guess we will see if Georgia Gun Owners (GGO) has any clout or backing under the Gold Dome this year.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I would beat that his bill has not been vetted/discussed with (created a consensus among the House members) anyone in leadership, which really hurts a Bill like this to try and get it going. None of the co-sponsors appear to be a part of the House leadership or Chairmen/leaders of any committees.
It is good that the co-sponsor list is full, but what will be most telling is if it gets assigned to JudyNC or Pub Safety.

·
Just a Man
6,037 Posts
And here is the proof that no one talked it through with leadership. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-...l-would-allow-guns-on-college-campuses/nkNcL/

They didn't even talk to the man who controls whether or not your Bill even gets out of the Rules Committee and onto the floor of the House.

It's OK though, because GGO has 121,900+ likes (and who knows how many members) on their Facebook Page. They ought to be able to create enough ruckus to get it loose on the floor.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Squirrel!

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,676 Posts
If I understand it right

. . . that the term 'handgun' shall not include a gun
66 which discharges a single shot of .46 centimeters centimeter or less in diameter.

AND

. . . that the term 'long gun' shall not include a gun which discharges a

82 single shot of .46 centimeters centimeter or less in diameter
refers to (by my calculations) less than 18 caliber. So a 17HMR sixgun would be outside that or ? Corrections or explanations please.

Nemo

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Did GGO have anything to do with the writing of this bill?

ETA: I assume this is the same HB 543 mentioned in the GaCarry email?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Did GGO have anything to do with the writing of this bill?

ETA: I assume this is the same HB 543 mentioned in the GaCarry email?
Probably... GGO hates any bill that isn't precisely worded before it gets in a committee, yet their bill has problems and they want it passed.

Seems a bit hypocritical. Either that or they don't know it has problems. The latter seems most likely.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
A lot of other things need to be fixed before we can even approach something like "Constitutional Carry".

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Agreed. This is not constitutional carry (despite its name). I'm not happy with any backward steps, even if the backward steps don't effect me due to my age or other factors. We have a lot more work to do before jumping the gun and focusing our efforts on what is essentially an annual ~$10 tax on the second amendment. People sometimes get tunnel vision when they see the words "constitutional carry" and don't read anything after that. Barring 18-20 year olds from carrying long guns is unconstitutional, no matter what people title it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts