Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Needs to work on the wording a little bit.

Just a quick read but it looks like it makes it illegal for a teenager to hunt or target shoot with a rifle on someone else's land. They can't ride in someone else's car with that rifle either.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
yall know GGO is gonna be pushing the hell out of that.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Lines 121-124... For a "Constitutional Carry" Act, doesn't five years seem a bit long and harsh for a violation involving a "malum prohibitum" off-limits location? Presumably such an off-limits "gotcha!" location was enacted counter to Constitutional Carry anyway. Doesn't six months (or less) seem more reasonable and in alignment with the spirit of this Act?

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Lines 397-411: There's something "tail-chasing" there (inadvertent recursion?). If you meet these non-exempt qualifications then you are exempt from the qualifications.

I'm guessing the point is to allow judges to be exempt so long as they don't turn crazy or become a felon.

1) Why not just say that in the statute?

2) What about all the others on the exempt list? They can still be exempt if they turn crazy or become a felon (just not judges)?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am I reading this correctly by interpreting it to say that it would be unlawful for any individual under 21 years to carry without a license, but also removes the age requirement to acquire a license?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Am I reading this correctly by interpreting it to say that it would be unlawful for any individual under 21 years to carry without a license, but also removes the age requirement to acquire a license?
No. It moves the license requirements to 126. So it it still 21 or 18 (if in the military) for a license.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No. It moves the license requirements to 126. So it it still 21 or 18 (if in the military for a license).
So for anyone who is ineligible for a license due to age, all this does is remove their ability to carry a long gun. Seems like this will need some amendments and cleanup if it is to have any hope of passing.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,727 Posts
I would like to see this pass, with some tweaks, but the GA legislature is not ready to give back that much freedom.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts