HB 54 - Removal of Church/House of Worship from PFZ

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by rabbivj, Jan 26, 2011.

1. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

So i dont get it. Rep Franklin introduces HB 5 which wants to do away with Article 4 of Title 16 Chapter 11 and now he goes and introduces this?

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Code Section 16-11-127 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to carrying weapons in unauthorized locations and penalty, so as to repeal a prohibition against carrying a weapon in a place of worship; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

Good bill but srsly conflicting with HB 5...Thoughts?

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en- ... tion=32064

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

HB 5 is a very dangerous bill for us. If you eliminate the entire article, you eliminate ALL state preemption.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Eke, so if we eliminated all State preemption, then any local government could make a law outlawing the carrying of guns? Is that correct? That would be very bad indeed.

4. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

My thoughts exactly! It's tough enough trying to follow different laws when you travel between states. Can you imagine driving ten miles between different jurisdictions, with very different codes? :screwy: Then too, HB-5 gives up reciprocity, doesn't it?

5. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

HB5 is grandstanding. It won't pass because of the other implications. Things like it wouldn't be illegal to kill police animals or harass service animals are reasons it won't make it out of committee.

IIRC, dropping permits might also revive the 1,000 foot school zone.

6. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

It wouldn't take Atlanta/DeKalb County long to be like D.C./Chicago.