HB 280 Campus Carry

Discussion in 'Current Bills' started by Malum Prohibitum, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Timestamp 28:24 is best timestamp.

2. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Keep it a mystery. Seems odd.

3. DonT

DonT Active Member

"Gosh...we need these no guns signs badly! If we don't have them, how will we create our magic force fields of stopping guns from being carried there?"

4. Taurus92

I didn't see their questions that way. It's more like we've moved the invisible mine field from streets around the campus to various rooms on campus and then saying we're going to know, but you get to guess.

5. DonT

DonT Active Member

Maybe. I think that many of these people who are all hot about getting signage, do have the idea that there is something magical and compelling about signs. But a lot of people do not read signs or pay much attention to them. Have you walked around anywhere? They can't get off their phones long enough.

6. Taurus92

The downside is reinforcing some belief signs carry weight, true.

In this case of campus carry, a sign doesn't carry some magical legal weight, but the room itself or how it's used or even who occupies it carries that legal weight. It seems the expectation of GWL carriers knowing some invisible fluid factor is unreasonable. Unethical administrations could re-purpose a room at any time. After seeing some of the professors involved in Antifa activities, I'm not entirely trusting. I'm not arguing for signs, just considering the issues.