Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It thought this bill was a bit interesting. It covers firearms as well as "controlled substances".

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/sum/hb278.htm

Please excuse my ignorance; I'm still trying to get a handle on how this whole legislative process works. Is this bill waiting to go to the Senate? It shows, what appears to me, to be a successful vote in the House last year.

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anything that says that it has to have anything to do with drugs.

If I mount a firearm safe under the back seat of my jeep, I'm afraid that would be grounds for losing my Jeep, owing $10k, and experiencing 2 years of manditory government housing. Lots of people with Wranglers add aftermarket storage comparments because there isn't a lot of room and they're easy to break into.

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But that phrase is not part of the code that will be inserted into the proposed 16-13-49.1 section, is it?

· Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This kind of thing just makes me apprehensive. I've read these horror stories where some law is created for one purpose and then some prosecutor with an agenda ends up using against someone in a circumstance completely different from what was promoted by legistators.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.