HB 232 Weapons .... provide for training requirement

Discussion in 'Current Bills' started by BG_Atl, Feb 2, 2017.

1. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20172018/HB/232

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Since there's no requirement for any live firing of the weapon, it seems that this "training" requirement could be just as easily accomplished by swearing that you've read the manual supplied with the weapon.

Stupid proposal.

3. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

There is always LASER marksmanship training that doesn't even allow live firing. There is always several gun safety classes that don't have live firing involved. Still this is a no go. We do not need a training requirement. Those who need it will either get it on their own or take the chance on making the one in a million tragic mistake.

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

[​IMG]
    Pedro Marin (Dem) District 96

[​IMG]
    Stacey Abrams (Dem) District 89

[​IMG]
    Mary Oliver (Dem) District 82

[​IMG]
    Mickey Stephens (Dem) District 165

[​IMG]
    Keisha Waites (Dem) District 60

Only one characteristic all these people share; a voluntary association in the Democrat Party.

5. Siege

Siege Active Member

Wow... Mary Oliver is Dianne Feinstein's east coast doppelganger.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I am quite sure that there are several others that are less PC to say out loud........and no, none of them have to do with race, ethnicity, or religion.:popcorn:

7. Feral

Feral Active Member

I know many "pro gun" individuals who are in favor of this bill.

8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Maybe you should attempt to change their mind?

9. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Stacey Abrams is the rising star for the GA Democrats.

http://www.myajc.com/news/state--re...shape-three-years-out/xZUyKU1KaJSbtNpdGHIcPN/

I'm viewing this flurry of bills as the laundry list that will get passed the first week the left has control of the GA Assembly.

10. Feral

Feral Active Member

I do my best. Many of them are of the attitude that people shouldn't walk around without government mandated training.

11. Alabama Jones

Alabama Jones Señor Member

Their laundry (list) has skid marks.

12. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

It sure does, but I fear our nose will be rubbed in it if the tables turn.

If we don't engage the "other side" somehow when they're on the losing end, they won't engage us when they're on the winning end.

13. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

Maybe you should ask them if they need mandatory government training before voicing their opinion. My point is, anytime we put regulations on a fundamental right we give the government more power.

14. Feral

Feral Active Member

I wholeheartedly agree.

15. budone1967

I'm just curious if this requirement would apply to those added to the 16-11-130 list?

16. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Probably the same people that think government mandated training should be required to vote. :screwy:

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I like your quote but the Jefferson Monticello site says this about it:

This is not something Jefferson wrote, but rather comes from a passage he included in his "Legal Commonplace Book." The passage is from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments.[1] It appears in Jefferson's commonplace book as follows:
    Falsa idea di utilità è quella, che sacrifica mille vantaggi reali, per un inconveniente o immaginario, o di poca conseguenza, che toglierebbe agli uomini il fuoco perchè incendia, e l'acqua perchè annega; che non ripara ai mali, che col distruggere. Le leggi, che proibiscono di portar le armi, sono leggi di tal natura; esse non disarmano che i non inclinati, nè determinati ai delitti, mentre coloro che hanno il coraggio di poter violare le leggi più sacre della umanità è le più importanti del codice, come rispetteranno le minori, e le puramente arbitrarie? Queste peggiorano la condizione degli assaliti migliorando quella degli assalitori, non iscemano gli omicidi, ma gli accrescono, perchè è maggiore la confidenza nell'assalire i disarmati, che gli armati. Queste si chiaman leggi, non preventrici, ma paurose dei delitti, che nascono dalla tumultuosa impressione di alcuni fatti particolari, non dalla ragionata meditazione degl'inconvenienti, ed avvantaggi di un decreto universale.[2]
    https://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/laws-forbid-carrying-armsquotation

18. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I seriously doubt it. Since this appears to be for GFL applications, renewals and temporary licenses and 130 exempts do not have those.

19. budone1967

I quite certain they wouldn't be included. My question to the ding bats proposing this would be why the 130 list wouldn't be included. These folks are clueless.