HB 1234 - public gathering exemptions

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by Taurus, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Taurus

Taurus New Member

In HB 1234 - Firearms; carrying deadly weapons; public gatherings; constables; exemptions

It looks like they are debating on adding "constables" to 16-11-127 .....

I don't know enough about the process yet, but can someone or myself email one of the reps to have our exemtpions added to this??

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legis/2005_06/search/hb1234.htm

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I missed this one... :(

The legislature is closed for this year. So any bills you find that do not say passed, are dead.

Any conctacting you do will be for bills you want to see introduced next session in January (that is if the person you contact is re-elected).

3. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Ahh, OK...I'm catchin on here...Thanks!!! :D I guess these names will be in my Outlook address list....

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not all counties have them. They basically drive around in a Ford Taurus and serve court papers and such.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I think I am against adding any more exceptions (except license holders).

Hrmph.

6. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

are the same thing as marshalls? we have 14 marshalls in columbus.

7. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

We had 2 in Haralson County where I used to work. It was to my understanding that they (marshalls) had jurisdiction in both Haralson and Ranburn or Randolph (across the line in Alabama) counties. The reason being was that since I-20 ran through Haralson County, we were the "last line" of defense for meth being smuggled both in and out of the state. Since Marshalls had jurisdictions in both counties they didn't require "permission" to cross over state line while in pursuit of a suspect.

Ofcourse, this is what I was told by my training officer who was a state mandated officer and I don't know if the same applies other county marshalls.

8. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

It can vary from county to county and even some cities have them. In some cases marshals are officers of the court system that handle serving papers and warrants, and this can be different depending upon which court they work for.

In other places they are simply code enforcement.