Having a "Secret Compartment" to hide a gun.

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by foshizzle, Apr 23, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Would it be illegal for me to make one in my car and keep a gun in it? I'm not about to bolt a safe in my car and I think I could do something that looked factory.

From what I can tell, it appears to be illegal for means of concealing contraband i.e. drugs and illegal immigrants lol. Guns seem OK.

Contraband is drugs, right?

Dictionary.com

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You don't keep illegal migrant workers stashed away in your car?

Must be just me then.

Yeah, contraband is illegal stuff.

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

You've gotta have a meal handy in case your car breaks down, right?

4. rajl

rajl New Member

I was thinking that you need someone to change the tires when you get a flat on the side of the road. :cantsay:

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Contraband can be just about anything depending on where you are coming from & where you are going. Bring in fruit from outside the country & it can be contraband, or insects or animals. All kind of crap. But if you are not crossing national boundries then all you should have to worry about are drugs most likely.

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

IIRC under FL law. the existence of a secret compartment is prima facia evidence you intend to smuggle.

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Maybe you could install a compartment big enough to put yourself and a Wookie in should the Imperials use a tractor beam to pull you over. The average stormtrooper isn't smart enough to check anyway. They'll have to use a scanning crew instead. May the force be with you.

BTW: As a GFL holder can't we conceal in our vehicle as we see fit?

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

What a fantastic law.

That is like saying if I have a gun it is because I am going to kill someone.

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Or if you have some lettuce on the side of the road that HAS to be picked.

Or if you break down on the road next to a lumber mill and need a house framed in.

I should stop now.