Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the news someone is going around robbing the soccer moms of their diamond rings in the Buckhead area. I heard one lady say that she had a gun stuffed in her face while the guy demanded her rings. I think there may be more than just one person involved in these crimes.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but who the hell goes around wearing a $10,000 ring while running daily errands? That's like walking around with a neon sign floating above your head that reads "Rob me, I have too much money and not enough sense!!!"

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Have you met some of these poeple in Buckhead! LOL I think common sense is non existant!

Last time I went to either of the two malls over there, I couldnt wait to get the hell out of there. I felt like the beverly hillbilly in there!

I never saw a person dress up to go to a mall! Until I went to those malls. Let alone my truck doesnt really fit in the parking spaces, I wonder why! :-k

·
Registered
997 Posts
I read the article. read the comments. one chick said she is blonde but ex military so she said she don't pack pepper spray she packs a 9mm.... i am sure the soccer moms died when they read that...

I have a friend that wears her engagement ring and wedding band everywhere even riding or swimming and it is worth about $40,000. It is a 100 y/o family heirloom. she doesn't wear the 100,000 one tough :shock: just keeps it in a jewelery box....

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My wife does (wears her engagement ring) also though you wouldn't know it's value is what it is unless you know something about diamonds and had a loop with you to look at it.

Her husband is more more impressed with quality rather than appearance(size). :wink:
The very nice diamonds aren't all that big (the insanely nice OMFG that thing is worth how much?!! are that big AND that high of quality.)

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
My wife does (wears her engagement ring) also though you wouldn't know it's value is what it is unless you know something about diamonds and had a loop with you to look at it.

Her husband is more more impressed with quality rather than appearance(size). :wink:
The very nice diamonds aren't all that big (the insanely nice OMFG that thing is worth how much?!! are that big AND that high of quality.)
Some say quality, some say quantity..... Some us say both is best. :righton:

Seriously though, my wife's set is worth about $6500, not including anniv band. Now that theyhave hit in the parking lot of Publix at Hammond and P'tree Dunwoody, I'm going to ask her to just wear her anniv. band until they get caught. That Publix is a block from her Office. Her and a co-worker walk to the Starbucks there every day.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I live in Buckhead. I bet if I open carried today I would get the cops called on me as a suspect... hahah! Maybe I should find out? :whistle:

I read yesterday that one of the rings stolen was valued at 60k!!! Once that came out I bet a bunch of crooks realized that this is a good racket... relatively safe and good money! I bet it's a copycat that did the crime at Publix. You'll probably see many more.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Adam5 said:
Tinkerhell said:
Seriously though, my wife's set is worth about $6500, not including anniv band. Now that theyhave hit in the parking lot of Publix at Hammond and P'tree Dunwoody, I'm going to ask her to just wear her anniv. band until they get caught. That Publix is a block from her Office. Her and a co-worker walk to the Starbucks there every day.
Holy #[email protected]#%4 That's right next to where I live AND work. Of course, Dunwoody isn't all that safe. My apartment complex has had more than it's fair share of crime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts