1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I STILL can't believe we've let these anti-science morons infiltrate higher education. Communist doctrine is one thing, at least how to run a society can be an opinion, but to argue with the cold hard fact that masks don't work is...incredible!

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those who would like a link to the science to the Randomized Controlled Trials(RCT). It's in the W.H.O's report,

Non-pharmaceutical public health measures for mitigating the risk and impact of epidemic and pandemic influenza.

On page 26 there's this summary of the RCT they studied.

OVERALL RESULT OF EVIDENCE ON FACE MASKS
1. Ten RCTs were included in the meta-analysis, and there was no evidence that face
masks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

(There was no point 2. btw. Just poor grammar. It's their style book I guess.)

In the appendix are links to the actual RCTs.

Now in their recommendations they did recommend mask, basically because it feels good, while still admitting they don't work.

"Face masks worn by asymptomatic people are conditionally recommended in severe epidemics or pandemics, to reduce transmission in the community. Disposable, surgical masks are recommended to be worn at all times by symptomatic individuals when in contact with other individuals. Although there is no evidence that this is effective in reducing transmission, there is mechanistic plausibility for the potential effectiveness of this measure"

(Emphasis mine)

"Mechanistic plausibility" is another way of saying, "We're not following the science ourselves. We're guessing because it just seem good to us."

If you have want to argue about this, go argue with the scientists that did the RCTs. I'm just following the science.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
N95 series masks properly fitted against a clean shaven face and replaced every 6-8 hours are effective. I'm not shaving and i'm not keeping that many masks around.

Anything less is just a cough and sneeze shield, assuming the person wearing them doesn't lower it to cough or sneeze.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
its always the early childhood education majors that are either blm marxists telling your kids to twerk and have tranny reading hour or antifa commies -
is there not a better vetting process to check out who these weirdos are before you let them around children?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts