Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been bullied or had to defend yourself? Then detained or sent to the principles office for winning the fight.

Its funny no one see them but the second you go off everyone see it. You just had to shoot three guys and got them all. You call the police and when they get there walk up to them and tell them you just shot these guys now you are in cuffs and sitting in the back seat of a unit.

Damn do the bad guys wait around for the police to come?

Hey its just procedure and hopefully after they figure it out you will be on your way home. Finger prints mugs shots after about 4-6hrs maybe. When the police get there they are not your friend, They are there to apprehend a bad guy and to investigate a crime.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
"Damn do the bad guys wait around for the police to come?"

We had a guy walk up to one of my patrol supervisors less than 30 minutes ago and confess to molesting a 4 year old child. The LT was in a stop and rob getting a Mountain Dew. The molestation hadn't even been reported yet.
The answer to your question is yes.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
SheriffOconee said:

We had a guy walk up to one of my patrol supervisors less than 30 minutes ago and confess to molesting a 4 year old child. The LT was in a stop and rob getting a Mountain Dew. The molestation hadn't even been reported yet.
One of my biggest fears in being a new parent. I hope that child is ok. Sick people in this world.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
SheriffOconee said:

If anybody ever warranted the diagnosis of Post Traumatic Syndrome (PTSD), it's amongst those who serve us in these ways. Who, aside from the military, suffers as much stress? How does an LEO control himself, when confronted with this? I honestly don't think I could. They are to be applauded for their self control.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SheriffOconee said:

Then that's a good thing just never my experince.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a-squared said:
SheriffOconee said:

One of my biggest fears in being a new parent. I hope that child is ok. Sick people in this world.
You do have to watch who you leave your children with and you do not expect that from family but it happens.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Signal 69 said:
SheriffOconee said:

Then that's a good thing just never my experince.
Not only do people stick around, they confess too.....

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
CountryGun said:
SheriffOconee said:

If anybody ever warranted the diagnosis of Post Traumatic Syndrome (PTSD), it's amongst those who serve us in these ways. Who, aside from the military, suffers as much stress? How does an LEO control himself, when confronted with this? I honestly don't think I could. They are to be applauded for their self control.
This. I don't know how the officers do it. Great self-control. There sure are some sick people out there. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
A guy I know had his son suspended from school for 3 weeks.

He was being bullied by a group of boys for quite some time and his father (ex army ranger) showed him some moves to defend himself. One day one of the bullies came in to the bathroom where his son was and knocked him to the floor and threatened him with further violence. His son, as directed, stomped the kid's knee and punched him in the nose.

The school told his father that "all parties involved in a fight must be reprimanded", he asked that after his son does right by the school and takes his beating, whether or not he should go to the nurses office first, or to the principal to report the "fight". They couldn't give an answer but stood firmly by their policy. "Violence is never an acceptable solution".

Seems to be this is SOP across the board this day in age.

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
CountryGun said:
SheriffOconee said:

I think the deputy should have shot the scumbag when he confessed. That's JMO.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
http://www.ajc.com/news/man-admits-mole ... e=rss_news
Scott Timothy Blanton, 50, was arrested Wednesday night after confessing to Lt. Craig Bryant at AJ's Food Store on U.S. Highway 78, Oconee County Sheriff Scott Berry said.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Deek said:

He was being bullied by a group of boys for quite some time and his father (ex army ranger) showed him some moves to defend himself. One day one of the bullies came in to the bathroom where his son was and knocked him to the floor and threatened him with further violence. His son, as directed, stomped the kid's knee and punched him in the nose.

The school told his father that "all parties involved in a fight must be reprimanded", he asked that after his son does right by the school and takes his beating, whether or not he should go to the nurses office first, or to the principal to report the "fight". They couldn't give an answer but stood firmly by their policy. "Violence is never an acceptable solution".

But luckily this is a case where the dad can make it right. After blessing out the prinicple, the school board and my local representatives, then I'd likely announce to my kid it's time for a surprise vacation to somewhere fun (assuming I know that it went down as you detail).

·
Registered
461 Posts
Before I joined the USMC, I worked as a Detention Officer at Catoosa County S.O. A man was brought into booking, and the arresting officer told us the charge was murder. He took us aside and told us the man smothered his 6 month old baby with a pillow. It was all I could do not to write baby killer on his forehead and stick him in the max security pod. Yes, aside from the military the LE cummunity must show so much restraint. You must learn to seperate your home life from your work life. It's no different than returning from combat (been there done that too). The most important thing to do, is stay focused on why you are there in the first place. It's not up to me to judge. Child molesters and baby killers have a special place in Hell anyways IMO.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I remember this kid from high school, he picked on me for three years and I just turned the other cheek. Finally in my senior year he caught me in the bathroom during class and threw me into a wall smashing my glasses and cutting my face. I calmly turned around took out his collar bone and let his face meet my knee (broken nose, concussion). I walked out and went into the counselors office and reported that they may need to call an ambulance. The counselor and the asst principal went into the bathroom and found him knocked out and bleeding on the floor.
They called my dad, he was all gruff at me in the school till we got to his car. "Was that the same kid you have had problems with for years?" Yes I said. How long did the fight last? Five seconds I said.
"Nice job, looks like years of those karate lessons have paid off" with a big smile.
We went out and had a steak that night. Five days of suspension was worth it. I got respect from my dad. (priceless)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Deek said:

This has been policy for years (and I'm talking over 30 years ago). Didn't matter who started it or even if one person never threw a punch, both parties were expelled for 3 days. It saves the administration from making a judgment. Same thing as zero tolerance rules. Point your finger and go bang - bang and you're expelled. It saves everyone from having to make a call of right or wrong. It's just stupid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts