Has anything changed?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Bullets, May 14, 2019.

1. Bullets

Bullets Member

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The "off limits page" you referred to, and linked to, gives you the summary of what the law says is a description of an off-limits location. It doesn't name specific facilities. It won't tell you that Rocco's Bar and Pub is off-limits, but it would tell you that places that serve alcohol for consumption on the premises are off-limits (to use an outdated example).

Is the Ga World Congress Center owned by some kind of government agency, board, or authority?

Does this publicly-owned facility host meetings (even if infrequent) of said gov't board, agency, or authority?

Does the building have security screening at the entrances? (If it does, it's off-limits. If it only has screening checkpoints set-up during certain events, then it's off limits for those times only.

3. gunsmoker

That 2007 thread about the Georgia world Congress Center was based on old laws, which were significantly modified in 2008, 2010, and 2014.

Nowadays, just because the place is a "government building" doesn't mean it's always off-limits to GWL holders.

16-11-127 (e)(1) A license holder shall be authorized to carry a weapon in a government building when the government building is open for business and where ingress into such building is not restricted or screened by security personnel.  A license holder who enters or attempts to enter a government building carrying a weapon where ingress is restricted or screened by security personnel shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if at least one member of such security personnel is certified as a peace officer pursuant to Chapter 8 of Title 35;  provided, however, that a license holder who immediately exits such building or immediately leaves such location upon notification of his or her failure to clear security due to the carrying of a weapon shall not be guilty...

4. Bullets

Bullets Member

After reading this to my friend T and catching a rash of "see that's why I quit that site" crap, I still don't know the answer. But I'd rather not carry than ask for a full dissertation again.

Next time, just save yourself 30 minutes typing the law and maybe help someone with a simple yes or no.

and to be clear, I literally know nothing about the GWCC and had already read what you quoted but was unable to reach an answer without researching it and thought to myself, you know there's some nice guys on GP...why not just do a search and ask if nesc and they'll be glad to help. Well lesson learned. Can't wait for you to ask a computer question so I can quote you all the books I've read on hypervisors, infosec, MS, and treat you like a [email protected]$$ for not having spent your career learning everything about something you use in your daily life.

5. gunsmoker

Wow.
    You sure get "triggered" easily.
    I was trying to help you understand the "government buildings" law.

And the short and simple "answer"
    IS stated above.

Does the building have security screening set up for whatever event you will be attending?
    IF SO, the building is off-limits. (But you have a right to leave without being arrested if you and your weapon fail to clear security and are informed that your gun is not allowed inside.)

IF NO SCREENING, carry by permit holders is legal under Georgia criminal law / gun control laws).

Trigger87 likes this.
  6. gunsmoker

i'm sorry the answer can't be a simple "yes" or "no." The law isn't always so simple, and often whether something is illegal or not will depend on analyzing numerous facts and circumstances. Specific to one particular hour of one particular day and one particular person who is going to be doing this thing.

I don't have enough information about what type of event you're attending, and whether the Georgia World Congress Center plans to have security screening at the entrances then. Without that information, you can't have a simple "yes or no" answer--unless you just want me to pull one out of my @$$.

Trigger87 likes this.
  7. gunsmoker

I know!!! I'll ask my Magic 8-ball.
    It's made just for answering "yes or no" questions, instantly, with no explanation or useless chat.

Here it goes...

And the answer is....

A21BFD08-4AD0-4579-A0FD-56EC1C111536.jpeg

"CANNOT PREDICT NOW"

8. Bullets

Bullets Member

Troy was right, too many know it all attorneys on this site. Back to GON.
    Mr. Administrator, you can terminate my account. Thanks!

DaveInMableton likes this.
  9. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

I'm not an attorney, nor a know it all. Far from it. But I will say I have learned far more on GPDO than I have GON. While the attorneys may give a lengthy answer, the information is correct, along with OCGA reference cited in many cases. I cannot say the same for info that I've gotten from GON. You are more likely to get a simple yes or no there, but as Gunsmoker mentioned, there are many exceptions to the laws that make a simple yes or no nearly impossible. Personally, I appreciate the attorneys, and others, who take the time to cite the code reference and other supporting info that educates me beyond a simple yes or no.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow, what an ungrateful little turd you are.

Do your OWN research. Piss off.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    gunsmoker and BSCLibertarian like this.
  11. Malum Prohibitum

Good riddance. We don't need any drama here from diva personalities who think the world revolves around them. Have fun at GON getting "yes" or "no" answers that may or may not be correct in your situation.

:lol:

Just wow.

Thanks for putting in real, diligent effort to give him a correct answer, gunsmoker, for free and uncompensated for your time. It is amazing how little persons value actual work that they get from somebody for free.

Maybe you ought to answer only for $410 hourly from now on. Then you won't get crap like Bullet's posts cluttering up your day.

;)

I wonder if this guy even realizes he was conversing online with the attorney who wrote the Georgia gun laws book in plain and understandable English just so non-lawyer Georgians can understand the laws here and not end up in jail?

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE BOUGHT KURT'S BOOK?

Why not?

:???:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    gunsmoker, rmodel65 and Trigger87 like this.
  12. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

13. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Some of you will not be getting a "like" from Mr. Bullets. :lol:

Trigger87 and Adam5 like this.
  14. moe mensale

Appears you just skipped over post #2 and went to full retard. Excellent move! :righton:

Adam5 likes this.
  15. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I think Mr. Bullets is shooting blanks.

Trigger87 and Mrs_Esterhouse like this.
  16. Malum Prohibitum

I have a copy, although I probably need to get an updated one.

I highly recommend this book to anybody who is even slightly interested in Georgia's weapon laws.

I get no money for saying so or for sales. This is just my honest recommendation.

Dan is a member of this forum, too, although I have not seen him around in a while.

I was an editor (along with jrm) of one or two of the early versions. I think I have been dropped from subsequent update versions for being too difficult to work with . . . :lol: I was demanding my own dressing room and specially catered food.

How many other books on Amazon carry a 5 star review?

Now "Bullets" will go there and write a review, "Too long winded - it should just say yes or no," and give it one star . . . which would be way off base. This book is well written, easy to understand, and aimed at the non-lawyer audience.

Everybody in Georgia should have this on their reference shelf.

Trigger87, timbrubaker and awanatech like this.
  17. moe mensale

I heard you were such a pain in the ass that they put "Alyssa Milano" on your dressing room door. :mrgreen:

18. moe mensale

Absolutely. :righton:
    (yes, I have mine)