Harsh words about GPO/GCO

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mzmtg, Apr 12, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=35&t=264945

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I read that whole second page of posts.

I have come to this conclusion:

LarryG is a retard. Back to school for ol' Larry. But I sure would like to live in his world of fantasy. Perhaps I'll take a trip there some time.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

[-X Remember Ramm, we have women and children that come here too.

It's not that I don't agree with your assesment of the person in question. Just a reminder that we have folks wives and kids stopping in to visit too.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Fair enough. Necessary change made.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I used to think that guy was generally ok, just slightly misinformed.

But you're right, he's just a ****tard.

6. tony218

tony218 New Member

i don't see his point
    even his own post says highjacking
    (a)(1) + (b) = highjacking
    if i did the math correctly

i started to register on that site just to ask that
    dipstick if he even read his own post

7. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

what a douche

I guess LarryG doesn't have the annotated version of the law on hand, or otherwise he would know that the title of that statute is rail vehicle/bus hijacking and that title would show up on his GCIC when he becomes charged with it.

16-12-123. Bus or rail vehicle hijacking; boarding with concealed weapon; company use of reasonable security measures.

Statute text
    (a)(1) A person commits the offense of bus or rail vehicle hijacking when he or she:

(A) Seizes or exercises control by force or violence or threat of force or violence of any bus or rail vehicle within the jurisdiction of this state;
    (B) By force or violence or by threat of force or violence seizes or exercises control of any transportation company or all or any part of the transportation facilities owned or operated by any such company; or
    (C) By force or violence or by threat of force or violence substantially obstructs, hinders, interferes with, or otherwise disrupts or disturbs the operation of any transportation company or all or any part of a transportation facility.
    (2) Any person convicted of the offense of bus or rail hijacking shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for life or by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years.
    (b) Any person who boards or attempts to board an aircraft, bus, or rail vehicle with any explosive, destructive device, or hoax device as such term is defined in Code Section 16-7-80; firearm; hazardous substance as defined by Code Section 12-8-92; or knife or other device designed or modified for the purpose of offense and defense concealed on or about his or her person or property which is or would be accessible to such person while on the aircraft, bus, or rail vehicle shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not less than one nor more than ten years. The prohibition of this subsection shall not apply to any law enforcement officer, peace officer retired from a state or federal law enforcement agency, person in the military service of the state or of the United States, or commercial security personnel employed by the transportation company who is in possession of weapons used within the course and scope of their employment; nor shall the prohibition apply to persons transporting weapons contained in baggage which is not accessible to passengers if the presence of such weapons has been declared to the transportation company and such weapons have been secured in a manner prescribed by state or federal law or regulation for the purpose of transportation or shipment. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any privately owned aircraft, bus, or rail vehicle if the owner of such aircraft or vehicle has given his or her express permission to board the aircraft or vehicle with the item.
    (c) The company may employ reasonable security measures, including any method or device, to detect concealed weapons, explosives, or hazardous material in baggage or freight or upon the person of the passenger. Upon the discovery of any such item or material in the possession of a person, unless the item is a weapon in the possession of a person exempted under subsection (b) of this Code section from the prohibition of that subsection (b), the company shall obtain possession and retain custody of such item or materials until they are transferred to the custody of law enforcement officers.

History
    (Ga. L. 1978, p. 2238, § 3; Ga. L. 1982, p. 3, § 16; Ga. L. 1988, p. 415, § 2; Ga. L. 1996, p. 416, § 7; Ga. L. 2002, p. 1094, § 5.)

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is this guy seriously contending that he can open carry on Marta?

Does he live in Atlanta?

If so, we can get this sorted out this weekend . . . :twisted:

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I will give him $20 if he open carries past a Marta cop. Anyone else want to throw in some money?

Granted it will go towards his eventual legal defense fund.... 8)

10. merlock

merlock New Member

:rotfl:

:handcuffs: :jail:

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I'll offer up 20 bucks for Larry the Lab Rat to do a little experiment. :twisted:

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

All right....we $40 for the defense fund....I mean experiment.

13. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

LarryG may have a point :)

OK, after reading over good 'ol larry's comments, I think he has a point.

What he is saying is that WE have stated on this board that having a firearm on MARTA would land you in jail with a felony hijacking charge. I've stated that before and may need to retract it after this thread is over :oops:

He agrees that it's a felony, just not hijacking. And when you read the statute, the way the numbers break down, he's right. :ianal:

16-12-123.

a.
    • 1. hijacking when...
      [list:28hj54rx]A. force
      B. force
      C. force
    2. sentence for hijacking = felony.
    [/list:u:28hj54rx]

b. felony for carrying gun onto train (not hijacking)

c. company can use detection techniques.

Here is larry's statement.

emphasis added....

So, he never states that he could carry on marta. open or concealed. He just doesn't like that WE have stated that when you do, you'll be nailed with hijacking.

I got confused in the reading of the statute because of how bad it's laid out (and how quickly I probably read through it). I guess I'll read more carefully. Sorry LarryG :)

14. rajl

rajl New Member

I just read the thread. His contention is not that you can open carry on MARTA. His contention is that carrying a weapon on MARTA is a felony different from hi-jacking.

In other words, LarryG says that if you carry on MARTA, they'll arrest you for carrying on MARTA and throw you in jail for 10 years (maximum allowed imprisonment the statute allows for carrying on MARTA), instead of arresting you for hijacking and throwing you in jail for life imprisonment (maximum allowed imprisonment the statute allows for hijacking).

15. rajl

rajl New Member

I got to agree with iwb32. I think we might have misinterpreted the statute because of how horribly it's laid out.

In practicality though, if you open carried on MARTA, they might charge you with both hijacking AND carrying on MARTA.

16. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

I do, however, think his charge of "how misleading [we] are trying to be" is a little harsh.

A simple thread to explain our misunderstanding of the statute would have been a bit more effective. That's the point of this board I think.

I think most of us here are pretty normal people just trying not to break the law! And to change the dumb laws. At least that's the category I fit in to.

17. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

First of all, if you folks are under the mistaken perception that the "LarryG" quoted in this thread is ME....you're wrong!

I've never been to that site and never made that post.

I don't know who "LarryG" is.....but I do know who LarryG2 is and they're two different people.

While I understand how something like this could happen, I'm perplexed how someone could confuse two completely different philosophies, styles and personalities simply because of a similarity in usernames.

I value this site and the members and am a member of GeorgiaCarry.org and would NEVER say or do anything to detract from their efforts.

Form your own conclusions, but I'm INNOCENT, I TELL YA!!!!

18. Bulldawg182

[​IMG]

This is LarryG of whom you speak.

For the record, that ain't me and I'm much, much better looking than him! :lol: :wink:

19. Bulldawg182

Ok, while I'm not the guy you're all referring to, I am just a stupid SOB who can't seem to figure out how to post a picture of this guy here.

Will someone please get LarryG's picture from that site in his profile and post the ugly guy's mug here?

Where the heck is MatLock when I need him? "INNOCENT, INNOCENT, I TELL YA!"

20. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

I just posted a short reply over on ARFCOM to LarryG. I've had an account over there just never really got started posting.

The way I see it, there's no good in creating enemies on your own team. If LarryG is a fellow firearms enthusiast and GFL holder, what's the point in turning him away from GCO/GPO or any other GA gun organization that's trying to change the laws.

While his approach may not have been the best one, our handling of it can either give a postive or negative light to GCO/GPO.

And since I think the goal of GCO/GPO is to grow and be a voice to get the laws changed, we should use this board as a way to attract people.