Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Harry Reid no longer ‘a true champion of the Second Amendment’?

“Reid opens the door to longer background checks for gun purchasers,†Sam Stein of The Huffington Post reports.

"There should be a waiting period for the purchase of a handgun to stop someone who has mental problems from buying a gun. We can check instantly, it is so easy to do," Reid said, according to a transcript of the show.

"I think that it is really important that we find out and keep people like this guy from going and buying a gun, he had just bought it a few days before," Reid added.

The problem is, “this guy†never been adjudicated with a mental disqualifier in order to be “prohibited person†under existing federal law. While it’s true that Jared Loughner had been booted from college and investigated by Sheriff Clarence Dupnik’s finest, there are no provisions (yet, to the woe of the gungrabbers) to deprive a citizenâ€"who is legally presumed innocentâ€"of his rights without due process.
Continue reading on Examiner.com: Is Harry Reid no longer ‘a true champion of the Second Amendment’? - National gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-n ... z1Bf4ol2U8

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
There should be a waiting period for the purchase of a handgun to stop someone who has mental problems from buying a gun.
...he had just bought it a few days before.
:screwy:

So Reid wants the "waiting period" to be longer than just "a few days?"

·
Registered
441 Posts
As if Laughner would have forgotten about his crazy assassination plan (that he had been planning for some time) before even buying the weapon? Laughner is crazy but there was no legal determination (that he was crazy) so how would this even come up on a BG check?

Laws for the sake of laws. :screwy:

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,404 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
he had just bought it a few days before.
I saw a news article that said he'd bought the gun on November 30, which is not "few days before". More like 40 days before.

I hate how people distort facts to bolster their positions.

·
68,524 Posts
Rugerer said:
GAGunOwner said:
I saw a news article that said he'd bought the gun on November 30, which is not "few days before". More like 40 days before.

Maybe we should have to wait for two years. That should fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rugerer said:
GAGunOwner said:

trunk sales would skyrocket.....

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, the free market, or even an illegal market, will always win. It always will. Nothing is going to stop it.

When the governments tries to control a people, the people will always find away around ridiculous laws. There are examples of this in every single aspect of American life. The War on Drugs, Illegal Immigration, ect.

·
Registered
563 Posts
308sniper said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rugerer said:
GAGunOwner said:

trunk sales would skyrocket.....
As long as it's not at a gun show.... :sly:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts