Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookie at what's getting ready to go into the oven at the little cabin in the Cohuttas. Yummy !!! BTW - It's like springtime here this afternoon. 67 outside at the moment. I had to open the doors to light a fire.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I did a 15 pounder at Christmas. I LOVES me some Prime Rib !!!

That looks wonderful! Happy New Year !

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The finished product cooked to a perfect rare 125. Accompanied by steamed broccolini, homemade au jus, a pasta salad from the Ingles' deli counter, and a nice flavorful Australian Shiraz. Bananas Foster later tonight for desert.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
EWWWWW

If it's not a top sirloin medium well I don't want it !!! :(

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Med Well? You guys sound like my mother.

For me, just herd it by and I'll take a bite out of it as it walks past.

My favorite expression is, "Dang, a good vet could have saved that one.".

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,711 Posts
mb90535im said:
The finished product cooked to a perfect rare 125. Accompanied by steamed broccolini, homemade au jus, a pasta salad from the Ingles' deli counter, and a nice flavorful Australian Shiraz. Bananas Foster later tonight for desert.
"Cooked"? You mean warmed slightly above human body temperature. :lol:

But I'm not an extra-well-done snob either. I used to order steak well-done when I was a teenager just because my adult family members did. Later, I rebelled by ordering medium-well. I have to confess that when my medium-well steak is sometimes undercooked in a restautant, I still eat it, even while getting grossed-out looks from across the table.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Just knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ass, and chunk it right here on the plate.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was beginning to wonder of it was just a conservative thing or something to want your beef burnt, but I guess the last couple of posts answered that question.

OK, I finished my bottle of wine, finished off a big bowl of Bananas Foster, so I'm to the point now where it doesn't look hopeful that I'll make it to watch the ball/peach drop.

So, Happy New Years guys and for those of you in Hot 'Lanta or elsewhere around idiots with guns, watch out for falling lead at the stroke of midnight.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AV8R said:
I think I'll stick to my Rocky Patel Sungrown and two fingers of The Glenlivet 18 year.
Well, I'll have to admit that a good ole time N GA Cohutta mountains grown purple cola (ah, the days...)would be good about now to top off the evening too, but until a truce can be called in the culture war that ain't going to happen.

Good night everyone...

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,714 Posts
when i was little my mother never cooked anything with even the slightest pink...as ive gotten older ive tried meat more and more rare...although i like the meat hot all the way through no cool or slightly warm meat for me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts