Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
When I was a kid, my Dad bought the house that Ronnie lived in when he was in first grade. We always had people stopping, and wanting to take a tour of the house. I am glad I only lived in Il. a couple of years.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Happy Birthday, Mr. President.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Happy Birthday to America's favorite pied piper! The original Obama for the right wing. Libertarian rhetoric and statist actions.

First published in Liberty, Vol. 2, No. 4, March 1989.

There was no "Reagan Revolution." Any "revolution" in the direction of liberty (in Ronnie’s words "to get government off our backs") would reduce the total level of government spending. And that means reduce in absolute terms, not as proportion of the gross national product, or corrected for inflation, or anything else. There is no divine commandment that the federal government must always be at least as great a proportion of the national product as it was in 1980. If the government was a monstrous swollen Leviathan in 1980, as libertarians were surely convinced, as the inchoate American masses were apparently convinced and as Reagan and his cadre claimed to believe, then cutting government spending was in order. At the very least, federal government spending should have been frozen, in absolute terms, so that the rest of the economy would be allowed to grow in contrast. Instead, Ronald Reagan cut nothing, even in the heady first year, 1981.

At first, the only "cut" was in Carter’s last-minute loony-tunes estimates for the future. But in a few short years, Reagan’s spending surpassed even Carter’s irresponsible estimates. Instead, Reagan not only increased government spending by an enormous amount â€" so enormous that it would take a 40 percent cut to bring us back to Carter’s wild spending totals of 1980 â€" he even substantially increased the percentage of government spending to GNP. That’s a "revolution"?

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
There's always gotta be one.... Murray N. Rothbard is :screwy: on that issue.

Reagan was the greatest President of my lifetime.... Wish we had him now.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Archangel said:
There's always gotta be one.... Lew Rockwell is :screwy: on that issue.

Reagan was the greatest President of my lifetime.... Wish we had him now.
That wasn't Lew. Murray Rothbard. If you'd understand, you'd see we're paying for Reagan now. The bill came due. Rothbard knew economics, unlike Greenspan which drove us into the ground.... who hired greenspan? Hmmmm. :-k :roll:

·
Romans 10:13
4,626 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
Happy Birthday Mr. Reagan!

We miss you and need you, sir.
This

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
It's a shame, too... being President of the United States used to mean something. Right now it's nothing more than a soapbox for an over-inflated ego in a suit to stand on and defile.

Happy birthday Mr. President, you haven't been forgotten.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
WhatWouldReaganDo

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
WhatWouldReaganDo
He would push for a new assault weapons ban. HE signed the 1986 Machine gun act...he was a MAJOR supporter of the 1968 NFA act. With a poor politician being shot (like he was) he would be ALL OVER an assault ban. People casually forget just how anti-gun he really was.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
mathar1 said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
WhatWouldReaganDo
He would push for a new assault weapons ban. HE signed the 1986 Machine gun act...he was a MAJOR supporter of the 1968 NFA act. With a poor politician being shot (like he was) he would be ALL OVER an assault ban. People casually forget just how anti-gun he really was.
Really, how hard is it to shine when following somebody like Carter. I still kinda' like Regan, although a lot of the shine has worn off. He was not perfect. Not anywhere near perfect.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
MyFred said:
mathar1 said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
WhatWouldReaganDo
Really, how hard is it to shine when following somebody like Carter. I still kinda' like Regan, although a lot of the shine has worn off. He was not perfect. Not anywhere near perfect.
My thoughts exactly. I liked some of the things he did but he was absolutely no hero for the 2nd amendment.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
mathar1 said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
WhatWouldReaganDo
I was about to mention that fact. Also, why he was Governor of CA, he pushed for and got a "public gathering" type ban out there when the Black Panthers Marched on the Capital with guns, and scared the crap out of Reagan and all the other elites.

He was very anti-gun.

Also, not to mention the article that Jig posted is correct as well.

History always tends to forget the bad things that a politician did.

Edit: Happy Birthday, Ronnie! He was a great actor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts