Handcuffed! Open Carry in Philly . . .

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I thought you guys might want to see what happened to this guy in Philly Saturday might.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=588967

He is a regular poster on that forum who has been open carrying for a little while. This is scary stuff.

When he complains - he gets veiled threats that he will end up shot and/or get his license revoked if he does not do as he is told . . .

:shock:

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

That's an interesting incident. The guy is getting all sorts of advice, the number one seems to be to not open carry just because you can...use discretion!

I would think that a person who wants to open carry would find out a little about the area they want to open carry in...before doing it. Yes, I acknowledge that it is a right in some places, but that doesn't mean that it will be met with open arms (no pun intended). There are definately areas that are more "open" to open carry than others.

One poster noted that while it's legal to burn the American flag, he wouldn't do it during a Veteran's day parade. Using discretion as to when and where to exercise a right is prudent.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, but I admire this guy. Somebody has to educate the police there, and the poster had the guts to do what nobody else was doing.

Being threatened by people at the Veteran's Day Parade is not quite the same as being threatened by the police at the Veteran's Day Parade, is it?

Police have no business harassing or threatening people who are breaking no laws, and whom they know to be breaking no laws.