Halo 3

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gsusnake, Oct 1, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

is a pain in the ASS on legendary!

But it was fun!

2. Ashe

Ashe Active Member

Very much Kick Ass.

I especially like the theatre mode.

3. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

I got sucked in, too. :wink: I finished it on normal. Once I get my router fixed, I'm going try going at it in co-op at the higher difficulties.

My router keeps losing connections, and when you drop out of a game, you lose exp. When I played Social Slayer, I got up to Corporal, grade 1 my first night, but then I started getting dropped out, and I'm bumped back to Private.

Matchmaking works really well, and although the graphics aren't quite what I was expecting, I'm really enjoying it. Favorite map so far is Guardian.

4. gsusnake

I DETEST Guardian.

And don't be a wimp, beat it solo on Legendary. It only takes about 10 hours to beat the next to last level (rescuing Cortana).

5. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

What is everyone's gamertag? And what time and how often do you play?

Mine is Lightsped, and I am on every night.

6. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

Oh, man...the Cortana level. It took forever on normal! I can't see going through on Legendary :shock:

That said, I'll likely try it co-op soon.

My gamertag's LonelyMachines, but I won't be doing too much online until I get things sorted out with Comcast. Over the last few weeks, my connection's gotten so weak, I keep getting booted out of games within a minute of starting up :(

7. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

Same here. My Comcast has really gone down hill this past month or so. It used to be bulletproof, and now I am lucky to be able to connect to XBL. 8 out of 10 times I'll get booted once a game starts.

Where in Kennesaw are you located? I am off of Baker Road. Have you called Comcast about this problem?

8. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

About five miles away.

When I ping comcast.net, I get ~18%-40% packet loss. I got ahold of them, and they tried to give me the usual "well, it must be your home network" excuse until I explained that I knew more than they did. Knowing a little Unix helps.

They offered to give my connection a "speed boost," which really makes me wonder what they were doing in the first place. In any case, I finally got a guy on the phone who was able to observe the signal loss and acknowledge it. Now I get to sit around at home all day tomorrow and wait for them to show up.

They've been out to my house six times in the two years I've had service with them. If there was an alternative, I'd switch in a heartbeat.

The worst part is, in Halo 3, if you leave a game early, you get docked experience points. That includes dropped connections, so I got busted down three ranks the other night without realizing it.

9. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Wouldn't you know it....I pop in my fresh new copy of Halo 3....and what do I get??? The dreaded THREE FLASHING RED LIGHTS OF DOOM :evil:

I will be contacting Microsoft tomorrow. I understand they have extended the warranty to 3 years on 3 red lights issues. I hope what I heard is true..... :(

10. gsusnake

There's about 5 flamethrowers scattered about in that level. Find them, use them, love them.

11. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

That's good advice for life in general :)

Defender, I got the Three Lights of Doom about six months ago. They were very quick and cooperative about handling it. The problem is with a defective heat-sink, and they'll send you a replacement unit with the larger heat-sink.

12. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Yep, they were smooth and professional about the problem. I called just a few minutes ago. They will fix the problem free of charge and with no out of pocket shipping expenses. Sweet! :D Now to suffer through 3-4 weeks of no gaming fun...and more salivating to play Halo 3.... :(

13. gsusnake

OK, so I can (barely, and with just a little co-op help) beat the damn campaign on Legendary, but I can't win a ranked match online for anything.

14. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

Did Comcast come out today? If so, what was the verdict?

15. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

My gamertag is Stinky Peo. Look me up.

:cheers: