Halloween Scare Tactics

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by pwrlifter12, Oct 27, 2010.

1. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Alright, so Halloween is this Sunday...and every year I do something scary to give the kids a thrill. This year, I was thinking of taking the chain off a chainsaw and revving it up with the older kids. Are there any laws against this? Any alternatives you guys can think of?

Would any of you shoot me? :)

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Several years ago I took a group of kids to a haunted house, and at then end there was a guy in a mask who started up a chainsaw. It was LOUD!

And no, nobody shot him. Least not while I was there.

3. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Yea, that's the only drawback...I don't want anyone to temporarily lose hearing. I can't think of anything else that would induce as good a scare though.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I've been to a haunted house before, where at the end, when you thought it was all over, walking back to the front of the property, a guy with a mask comes out and chases you with a running chainsaw. Chain is off, of course.

Scares the heck out of the kids. I don't think there are any laws against it, and I doubt anybody will shoot. Not many Georgia Chainsaw Massacres around here. Wrong State. :mrgreen:

5. fflintlock

fflintlock Active Member

Ok , I'll give up one of my fun little secrets. I dress up a scare crow and place it in a chair in the front lawn, a few weeks before Halloween. Halloween night I put the scare crow's clothing on and sit in that chair. As people approach the porch, I jump up and scare the crap out of them. You'd be surprised at how many grown men run off screaming like little girls. The kids love it :righton:

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

My mom does the exact same thing with a ghost costume. Really freaks the kids out... sometimes the grown ups as well. :D :righton:

7. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

There used to be folks that did this in my neighborhood as a kid. Sometimes you'd just turn around from getting your candy and they'd be standing there right behind you. We always loved it, cause you never knew what it was going to be--they always had multiple human sized figures out in the yard.

I've thought of the chainsaw idea too, but yeah, there's always the chance that you could scare someone too badly with that...

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it would be aggravated assault. Conviction would depend on what the DA and a jury of your peers thought of your "It was Halloween" defense. I don't think I'd have a problem with it, but I won't be the one at the trial ;)

9. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll probably forgo the chainsaw...