Halloween OC?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by FireStar, Oct 31, 2007.

1. FireStar

FireStar Guest

I'm curious. Do you OC while the trick or treaters are coming and going? If you did tonight, do you regularly OC at home anyway?

If you look at it strictly from a paranoid's point of view, it's a pretty vulnerable position to be in, with all the strangers coming to the door. Some of the older ones are as tall as me and wearing masks. Perfect disguise for a BG to walk around unchallenged.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I didn't, but I did have my 1911 on the table, just inside the door.

3. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

I wasn't carrying at home because I was out with the kiddies walking through a neighborhood (with my snubbie in my pocket).

4. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I'm CC'ing. I had the same thoughts, seems like a good time for a home invasion. I'm sure many people have their guard down, blindly opening the door to see little munchkins in their store bought costumes.

Maybe I'm paranoid and have been spending too much time reading the new stories here. :D

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I OCed at home, but no one came for our candy.

6. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I CC'd while trick-or-treating. Ran into one guy OCing while out. O ya, it was Woody_the_Infidel, my old neighbor.

7. FireStar

FireStar Guest

I did at least look through the sidelights and check to make sure there was a munchkin out there before opening up. And I locked the door in between knocks. As it turns out, my best defense might have been the spider who had built a very large web just above the doorbell ... and he was still in it. :) Everyone who came to the door noticed.

8. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Did you get some good candy?

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You didn't put razor blades in the candy bars again did you?

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

The judge said I couldn't :(

11. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

You on lockdown with the rest of the sex offenders?

12. VolGrad

I almost asked if he was issued a "NO CANDY" sign by the state.

13. VolGrad

I got all the stuff my little one doesn't like or we don't let her have yet (gum, hard candy, etc.). Can you believe someone was giving out cans of Coca-Cola?

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

cans of Coke...interesting...

15. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

were the cans of coke cold?

16. tace

tace New Member

I wasn't about to be bothered with trying to hold my dogs back while handing treats. I threw them down from the second floor deck overlooking the door.

I was CC'ing but then I realized that I took of my thick shirt and the handle was barely visible.

17. VolGrad

Sadly, no. I was thirsty too.

18. VolGrad

Woody - meant to tell you. On the way home I asked my wife if she noticed anything about you when we were walking with you guys for a few houses. She said, "No, why? Was he packing?" She didn't even notice you were OCing. I guess seeing my guns all the time have desensitized her to it. LOL. Come to think of it, she didn't even notice I was "packing". Guess she really is used to it.

OK - I realize I have probably opened the door for another round of the "I OC for education purposes" debate. Yes, this is the point you guys always make - seeing people OC will make it less of a big deal for society. :surrender: Please, let's not debate this again for a while. LOL.

19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Where's the fun in that? It's a slow day at the office. There's time for a debate. 8)