HALL County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by luangtom, Oct 12, 2007.

1. luangtom

luangtom Active Member

I just received my GFL from Hall County. It took exactly 60-days. I was
    told upon application that it may be up to five months. It was NOT. It
    took just 60-days. I am impressed with the process and procedure.

I am a retired LEO from MN and have to say this process is no worse
    than that of MN. It is mandated to issue within 30-days in MN and it
    does not occur all of the time. So, the 60-days here is a pleasant
    surprise after hearing all of the horror stories of others. This is just
    my experience, I have no idea of what others have experienced in
    Hall County.

2. Taler

Taler New Member

Congrats and :welcome:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the site, luangtom. I am an ex-LEO, too. I am glad your process went smoothly up in Hall County, but you should be aware that people have reported here waits from anywhere around a year to up to 2.5 years, for which there is no reasonable excuse.

If you get time next weekend, come by the GCO Information and Recruiting Table at the gun show in Gainesville and say hello to the members working it.

4. Rebel_James

Rebel_James New Member

I'm retired LEO also, and since HR 218 was signed into law, thought I didn't need a permit. WRONG! Three times in a year I've been 'delayed' on a NICS check when buying a gun. Two times it killed deals I'd made at gun shows. The gun show was in Gainesville, and the dealers were from below Atlanta.

I applied for my permint on Nov. 12, '07, and got it in the mail on Jan. 7, '08.

If ya'll didn't know, retired LEO's are not required to pay any fees for obtaining the permit. Present proof of your retirement at the Probate Office and the fees are waived.