Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the homeowner isn't charged if this is a case of self defense. If he felt he was in danger, he should have aimed center mass or head shot.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=102719#comment

Homeowner Shoots Man in Driveway

Reported By: Jaye Watson
Web Editor: Tracey Christensen
Last Modified: 9/7/2007 9:07:59 AM

A man who owns a home in an upscale Hall County neighborhood opened fire on another man in his driveway Thursday morning, authorities confirmed for 11Alive News.

The shooting happened about 8 a.m. at the two-story, brick home in the St. Mary on Lanier neighborhood on Blackberry Lane in Buford.

Police said a woman arrived home to find David Klefforth, 20, near her driveway, so she called her husband. After a confrontation, the husband shot Klefforth in the abdomen.

Klefforth was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital and listed in critical condition.

"The preliminary investigation indicates that the homeowner was confronted in his driveway this morning by this white male. The homeowner has shot the perpetrator at this time," said Major Jeff Strickland of the Hall County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff did not know if the homeowner will face charges. The case has been turned over to the district attorney for review.

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
I hate it when they print these "teaser" articles. Not enough info to form an adequate opinion. At first read I thought, "man, this guy overreacted". Then I re-read it and remembered what I just posted about SHOOTING ON SIGHT anyone found inside my home. Also the article didn't tell enough about the "shooting victim" to know what he might have been up to. I know for a fact that anyone messing around in my driveway IS up to something based on the location, demographics, etc. Maybe not enough to warrant being shot, but you just never know until the whole story comes out. I hope this doesn't put a bad light on gun owners.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Well, the Sheriff called him a "perpetrator," so he must have been doing something bad.
Yeah, no weasel words like "alleged" or anything and certainly nothing like "victim". Sounds like he was definitely, at least in the sheriff's mind, up to no good!

Bad situation for all concerned.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I'll wait to hear more of what might have actually happened but I'm certainly hoping this perp was indeed a perp or, at the very least, did a good job of acting like one. If not, the press will have a field day with propaganda and innuendo.

PS: I keep a nice, sharp machete in my garage for situations just like this. It's been wiped clean and is ready for fresh prints at all times! :lol: 8)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Adam5 said:
Bulldawg182 said:
PS: I keep a nice, sharp machete in my garage for situations just like this. It's been wiped clean and is ready for fresh prints at all times! :lol: 8)
That's what old knives are for. :wink:
Why is that? If the knife don't get 'em, the tetanus will?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
I think you guys are missing the point. The machete is NOT FOR ME. It's for the perp!
I got the point - I was asking Adam if he uses old knives to be sure that if they don't die from bleeding out that they will get some sort of infection and subsequently fall victim to that.

I like the idea though Bulldawg!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
Bulldawg182 said:
I think you guys are missing the point. The machete is NOT FOR ME. It's for the perp!
You must have been reading my post on another thread.
Nope, must have missed that. Where? Are you sure we're not related? :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Well.................

You guys certainly do look a lot like each other... :puke:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I read another article about this same incident in the Forsyth News. Apparently the man in the driveway approached the homeowner, who fired once trying to hit his leg and missed, then fired again, hitting him in the abdomen. The parents of the deceased fellow indicated in the article that he suffered from a mental disorder.

I realize that this stuff in the newspapers is sketchy at best and always self-serving by the sayers. I really hope this is not a very sad case of a yahoo homeowner who yells angrily at the 'retard' in his driveway, who then does not respond quickly or in the normal manner, so he just shoots the guy.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
kkennett said:
I really hope this is not a very sad case of a yahoo homeowner who yells angrily at the 'retard' in his driveway, who then does not respond quickly or in the normal manner, so he just shoots the guy.
I have seen nothing yet to indicate anything of the sort.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
When I see someone shooting to wound (shooting to miss), all I really see is someone who's mindset is, "this gun will protect me." Clearly people like this really don't thoroughly consider the whole idea of self defense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts