Hall County Shooting

Discussion in 'In the News' started by triggerman357, Sep 7, 2007.

1. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I hope the homeowner isn't charged if this is a case of self defense. If he felt he was in danger, he should have aimed center mass or head shot.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=102719#comment

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I hate it when they print these "teaser" articles. Not enough info to form an adequate opinion. At first read I thought, "man, this guy overreacted". Then I re-read it and remembered what I just posted about SHOOTING ON SIGHT anyone found inside my home. Also the article didn't tell enough about the "shooting victim" to know what he might have been up to. I know for a fact that anyone messing around in my driveway IS up to something based on the location, demographics, etc. Maybe not enough to warrant being shot, but you just never know until the whole story comes out. I hope this doesn't put a bad light on gun owners.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, the Sheriff called him a "perpetrator," so he must have been doing something bad.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Yeah, no weasel words like "alleged" or anything and certainly nothing like "victim". Sounds like he was definitely, at least in the sheriff's mind, up to no good!

Bad situation for all concerned.

5. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I'll wait to hear more of what might have actually happened but I'm certainly hoping this perp was indeed a perp or, at the very least, did a good job of acting like one. If not, the press will have a field day with propaganda and innuendo.

PS: I keep a nice, sharp machete in my garage for situations just like this. It's been wiped clean and is ready for fresh prints at all times! :lol: 8)

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's what old knives are for. :wink:

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Why is that? If the knife don't get 'em, the tetanus will?

8. Bulldawg182

I think you guys are missing the point. The machete is NOT FOR ME. It's for the perp!

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I got the point - I was asking Adam if he uses old knives to be sure that if they don't die from bleeding out that they will get some sort of infection and subsequently fall victim to that.

I like the idea though Bulldawg!

10. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

You must have been reading my post on another thread.

11. Bulldawg182

Nope, must have missed that. Where? Are you sure we're not related? :wink: :lol:

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Well.................

You guys certainly do look a lot like each other... :puke:

13. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I read another article about this same incident in the Forsyth News. Apparently the man in the driveway approached the homeowner, who fired once trying to hit his leg and missed, then fired again, hitting him in the abdomen. The parents of the deceased fellow indicated in the article that he suffered from a mental disorder.

I realize that this stuff in the newspapers is sketchy at best and always self-serving by the sayers. I really hope this is not a very sad case of a yahoo homeowner who yells angrily at the 'retard' in his driveway, who then does not respond quickly or in the normal manner, so he just shoots the guy.

14. Malum Prohibitum

I have seen nothing yet to indicate anything of the sort.

15. Malum Prohibitum

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

When I see someone shooting to wound (shooting to miss), all I really see is someone who's mindset is, "this gun will protect me." Clearly people like this really don't thoroughly consider the whole idea of self defense.