Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://accesswdun.com/article/2020...mGAO1zVpnZRbZlIVoKaPwvY0YhHfm4ht1ibAb7HtRo3UU

"CLARKESVILLE - After months of discussion, the Habersham County Commission has voted to make the county Georgia's first Second Amendment Sanctuary County.

"Whereas, it is the desire of the Habersham County Board of Commissioners to declare its support of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and to the provisions of the Constitution of the State of Georgia that protect Habersham County citizens' induvial, inalienable rights to keep and bear arms," the resolution reads in part."

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Until I can build a legal full auto machine gun in my garage there's no such thing as a 2nd amendment sanctuary.

Eta: and have the support and defense against state and federal tyranny. Not just symbolic rhetoric.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,130 Posts
Maybe you should start some politicking on getting that done.

Nemo

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I'm done politicking. Waiting for everyone else to catch up. Done talking.

·
69,784 Posts
Until I can build a legal full auto machine gun in my garage there's no such thing as a 2nd amendment sanctuary.
The Ninth Circuit ruled that should be the law two decades ago. The Supreme Court, however, reversed, because the basis of that ruling would undermine the federal war on drugs. The conservatives (except Clarence Thomas, bless him, and, surprisingly, O'Connor) joined the liberals in Raich v. Gonzalez, an intrastate marijuana decision. "Originalism" goes only so far if taking it to its logical extreme would strike down federal laws banning possession of marijuana grown and consumed entirely within one state. From there it was a necessary step to reverse the home made machine gun case with a blithe reference to "See Raich."

("[T]hus far in our Nation's history our cases have upheld Commerce Clause regulation of intrastate activity only where that activity is economic in nature" (emphasis added)); Lopez, supra, at 560. To evade even that modest restriction on federal power, the majority defines economic activity in the broadest possible terms as the " 'the production, distribution, and consumption of commodities.' "7 Ante, at 23 (quoting Webster's Third New International Dictionary 720 (1966) (hereinafter Webster's 3d). This carves out a vast swath of activities that are subject to federal regulation. See ante, at 8-9 (O'Connor, J., dissenting). If the majority is to be taken seriously, the Federal Government may now regulate quilting bees, clothes drives, and potluck suppers throughout the 50 States. This makes a mockery of Madison's assurance to the people of New York that the "powers delegated" to the Federal Government are "few and defined," while those of the States are "numerous and indefinite." The Federalist No. 45, at 313 (J. Madison).​

-- Justice Clarence Thomas (dissenting)

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Damn we could've restored the 2nd amendment and abolished the war on drugs long ago. I guess that ruling is the tipping point to no turning back.

The only option is a constitutional convention or a civil war of succeeding states reinstating the constitution with updated language and clearly defining the framers intent.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tha
https://accesswdun.com/article/2020...mGAO1zVpnZRbZlIVoKaPwvY0YhHfm4ht1ibAb7HtRo3UU

"CLARKESVILLE - After months of discussion, the Habersham County Commission has voted to make the county Georgia's first Second Amendment Sanctuary County.

"Whereas, it is the desire of the Habersham County Board of Commissioners to declare its support of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and to the provisions of the Constitution of the State of Georgia that protect Habersham County citizens' induvial, inalienable rights to keep and bear arms," the resolution reads in part."
t great. I hope Hall County, as well as all the others will join them.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
The supreme court reversing itself happens a lot more frequently in this country than constitutional conventions do.
Can't set the bar much lower, can you? :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts