Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Everyone? :lol: You should probably start with your own representative, as contact from a consituent means more than somebody who has no vote in that district. Mention in the first line that you are a constituent.
That's pretty much pointless with my asshat representative. David Scott has a 100% score from the Brady Bunch. Thank you, Georgia General Assembly for gerrymandering and putting me in this district.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Rep. David Scott (D) said:
Dear M249:

Thank you for contacting me concerning H.R. 1897, the National Park Second Amendment Restoration and Personal Protection Act of 2007. I am honored to have the opportunity to respond to you such an important issue.

I understand your concerns regarding H.R. 1897, legislation that would prohibit any federal law from restricting an individual from possessing or carrying a firearm if that restriction is based on the fact that the individual is in a unit of the National Park System. As you may already know, I believe a careful balance between Second Amendment rights and safety in gun ownership is necessary in crafting any policy toward gun control, and I am sensitive to both sides of the issue. Currently, this legislation is awaiting action in the House Committee on Natural Resources. Unfortunately, I am not a member of this Committee. However, please be assured should this legislation reach the House floor for a vote, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. I hope you will continue to give me the benefit of your opinion in the future. Also, I encourage you to visit my website at http://davidscott.house.gov , where you can view the latest news and obtain information on issues and legislation that are important to you. You can also sign up for my electronic newsletter, and receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington . I thank you again for contacting me, and I look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,

David Scott

Member of Congress
Translated version of what Rep. David Scott (D) said:
Dear M249:

Since we're buddies, and on a first name basis, I think I'll be frank with you. I don't believe in the Second Amendment, and I'm going to use saaaafety as an excuse to erode your rights as much as I can.

I neither need, nor want, constituents like you in my district. You believe in individual freedom, rights, and responsibility, and I just can't have that.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go meet with Charlie Rangel and Nancy Pelosi so that we can figure out how to take more of the money we presently allow you to keep.

Smooches,

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.