GWL, PLR-16 vs. LE6920 questions

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Buckshot Barry, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry New Member

I have a GWL (actually a GFL for now), Kel-tec PLR-16 Pistol (9.25" bbl and factory screw on muzzle brake), and Colt LE6920 (M4 style 16.1" bbl). Both firearms use 30 round 5.56 magazines.

Under Georgia code, what are the advantages of having the PLR-16 compared to the LE6920?

Thanks

2. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

You need a gwl for the plr-16, and you can openly carry the colt without a gwl.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

For what purpose? Carry? Range toy? Home defense? Fun?

4. Buckshot Barry

Possesion outside the home.

Can I have the PLR-16 loaded in the car, but not the LE6920?

Do I always have to have the LE6920 visible unless it is cased, but not the PLR-16?

Things like this. Thanks.

5. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

The plr-16 because they are cool and lightweight. You can always make a hello kitty gun out of it.

The le6920 because you don't want some cop from dekalb county (M.C. Wade) to take your GFL, the gun, and arrest you because he thinks it is an illegal weapon. 1:08-cv-3102 Northern District of Georgia Atlanta Division

I'm not bashing all cops or M.C. Wade. I am just pointing out that cops obey the law and take legal weapons from law abiding citizens for good reasons, even if the reason is never made known..

[​IMG]

6. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

But he has a GWL, so he may conceal on both counts, correct? The GFL became a GWL for everyone on June 4th.

7. Buckshot Barry

PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD. I NEED TO WORD MY QUESTION BETTER.

GWP vs No GWP. Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun carry
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52434

Thanks