Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Dekalb county and was wondering if anyone has changed their GWL name to their new married last name. Also wondering if they make you wait again for the revised GWL or is they give it to you right there with the new last name? Is it just a matter of going to the courthouse with the marriage certificate?

Appreciate anyone with experience with this.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
I don't know but I think it would be the same as lost or damaged GWCL. My wife kept her name when we got married so she would not have to go through all the name change Bravo Sierra to begin with. Made life less complicated for both of us. It was my suggestion not hers and she was fine with it.

·
69,784 Posts
I think my wife just showed her marriage license, but I can't remember now . . .

Have you called the DeKalb Probate Court to ask?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out according to the Dekalb probate court it is not necessary to change a maiden name to a married name even though all the other ID would have the married name. If one wanted to change names they would just need to come to the courthouse with a drivers license or other ID and submit it. There you have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts