Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crumbles, if memory serves me correctly, your were refused a temporary license even though you were within 90 days before or 30 days after the expiration of your current license, correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Crumbles, if memory serves me correctly, your were refused a temporary license even though you were within 90 days before or 30 days after the expiration of your current license, correct?
Correct. My current license expires on 3-12-07 or 3-17-07 I can't remember the exact date, and my wallet is downstairs....

And yes, they said I was denied because I was "applying in a different county than my original license was for."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Turn around time

Hey guys,
I just wanted to pop in and say I applied for mine on 12/22/06, and I received it on 1/25/07. I was pretty surprised to say the least. I'm glad I got it early (I'm 21, btw) and hope to carry for years to come. I open-carried in walmart last night with no issues. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
Re: Turn around time

hydroshutter said:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to pop in and say I applied for mine on 12/22/06, and I received it on 1/25/07. I was pretty surprised to say the least. I'm glad I got it early (I'm 21, btw) and hope to carry for years to come. I open-carried in walmart last night with no issues. :wink:
Welcome to the board and congrats! I'm often at the Wallyworld off Hurricane Shoals and would love to see someone else open carry up in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I live in Grayson, and often go to the Loganville and Snellville walmarts. Hopefully, with some long stares on my future visits. :)

By the sound of your username foshizzle, I'm assuming you're a young guy like me. We live nearby the same area, and I had a question. Do you get crap around here? I seemed like a ghost in the snellville walmart last night. A manager came around me as I was checking out just to see it on my right side. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Re: Turn around time

hydroshutter said:
Hey guys,
I just wanted to pop in and say I applied for mine on 12/22/06, and I received it on 1/25/07. I was pretty surprised to say the least. I'm glad I got it early (I'm 21, btw) and hope to carry for years to come. I open-carried in walmart last night with no issues. :wink:
Did you leave your SSN blank, or did you put it on the application?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I filled in my SSN. Had I of had a little more time (went from work and had to go back straight after), I would've left it blank and wanted an explanation why I needed it on there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
hydroshutter said:
I filled in my SSN. Had I of had a little more time (went from work and had to go back straight after), I would've left it blank and wanted an explanation why I needed it on there.
Great. Something tells me I am going to get owned for not putting my SSN there. I wonder if all the fast turn around's have been SSN people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I have a feeling they would've asked you for it had they really needed it on there at the time of your application. I bet they just fill in a last name and DOB if they want to view you in their computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
hydroshutter said:
I have a feeling they would've asked you for it had they really needed it on there at the time of your application. I bet they just fill in a last name and DOB if they want to view you in their computer.
The form said OPTIONAL under the SSN field, as did the employer field, and I left it blank. Once the lady saw I left them blank, she handed it back to me and said:

"You need to write: "NOT SUPPLIED" in the SSN field, so they know you are unwilling to give it. Also, since you aren't supplying it, it will probably take around 6 months to get your license."

Also, there was another option that was some weird question that said IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, SELECT YES OR NO TO THE QUESTION.

The question didn't apply to me, so I left it blank. She handed it back to me and said: "You need to put no there. You can't leave the question unanswered." I said: "But it doesn't apply to me, look" Her response was: "Yea, I know it's confusing, but you need to do it."

I thought to myself: "Maybe confusing to you...." I just checked the damn thing so I could leave...

Hopefully some guy doesn't see that I "didn't supply my SSN" and take his sweet time with it to be an a$$hat...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
My wife applied for her renewal here in Gwinnett on November 05, 2006 and just got her's back on January 26. She didn't supply her SSN or employer, and was openly refused a temporary because her permit was from McDuffie Co.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crumbles said:
The form said OPTIONAL under the SSN field, as did the employer field, and I left it blank. Once the lady saw I left them blank, she handed it back to me and said:

"You need to write: "NOT SUPPLIED" in the SSN field, so they know you are unwilling to give it. Also, since you aren't supplying it, it will probably take around 6 months to get your license."
"Really, ma'am? The statute states that you have 60 days, and I fully expect you to abide by the law. Please don't threaten me just because you want to violate the Privacy Act. May I see the Probate Judge? I wish to complain about your threats to violate the law."

"She's not in." Why, you think, are they always "not in"? It seems their duties would require them to be "in" most days.

"Fine, make me an appointment. I need to hear for myself whether the judge condones your behavior."
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ruger13 said:
. . . and was openly refused a temporary because her permit was from McDuffie Co.
Ack!

:shock:

Stop! =; :cantsay:

I'm getting chest pains.

:puke:

I wonder, really, why GCO has so few members from this one particular county when I see so many complaints here on GS1's site about this one particular county?

Is this odd or to be expected?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I wonder, really, why GCO has so few members from this one particular county when I see so many complaints here on GS1's site about this one particular county?

Is this odd or to be expected?
Probably because no one knows about it? I didn't know about you guys, or what you do until very recently.

Also, seeing a statement like that makes me a little weary. Not really sure what you are trying to say towards possible future members there... That could easily be taken the wrong way.

On a final note, I've been promoting you guys left and right, so, expect to see new members soon. 3 from Gwinnett county alone.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Crumbles, you know I was not talking about you, since you had informed me already that your membership was on the way.

I did not mean even this post, necessarily.

I'll go get some caffeine. :sleep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Crumbles, you know I was not talking about you, since you had informed me already that your membership was on the way.

I did not mean even this post, necessarily.

I'll go get some caffeine. :sleep:
Hey, well, I don't mind paying for some stickers to put on my car or something! Let's get the word out! The more people that know about it, the more people will join!!!!

I also talked about your site in my forum. I'm trying to get the word around as much as possible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,215 Posts
Hey MP, get me some coffee too... You could tar a roof with the mud they call coffee here...
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top