Gwinnett Police Shoot, Kill Suspect Who Stole Police Car

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Going to the gas station for a quick trip for beer, smokes, or gas. Carry Carry Carry.

Gwinnett Police Shoot, Kill Suspect Who Stole Police Car

POSTED: 9:05 am EDT June 8, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:45 am EDT June 8, 2007

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- Gwinnett police shot and killed a suspect Friday who allegedly stole a police car.

The incident started when the suspect threatened employees and customers at a gas station, according to police.

The suspect was stopped nearby by officers. At that point the man jumped into a police car and drove off.

Officers opened fire, hitting and killing the suspect, according to witnesses.

Check back at wsbtv.com for more on this developing story.

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I sure hope they had more than stealing a police car...

3. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Yeah, if it was you or me shooting at a guy who stole our car we'd be arrested for murder. (I am glad the bad guy got popped though :D ).

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

"He was attempting to run the officers down with their car. They were in fear of their lives and shot in self defense.

Pay no attention to the fact all the bullets entered the vehicle via the backlite..."

Unless they did shoot at him as he was leaving, I'm for the cops. Even if that was the case, I'm probably still with them!

5. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Thats because he was backing up.
    Thats our story and we are sticking to it.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Oh ber:

GOOD ANSWER!

I am soooooo very damn impressed.......!

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I can't remember the last time a non-sworn citizen shot someone in a car after they were carjacked. Has it ever happened? Personally, I would just move out of the way... it's not like you can't see the back-up lights coming on. Just scoot to the side.

I'm sure it will drift away to the back-pages.

8. maddog

maddog New Member

Seems like I saw something about a cab driver a few months back ... not sure though

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Update

Police identify Buford man shot by officer

By LATEEF MUNGIN
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/11/07

Gwinnett police have identified the knife-wielding man who was shot dead Friday by an officer.

The man was identified Monday as 23-year-old Javier Valdivia-Valdivia of Buford.

The officer, whose name has not been released, fatally shot the man after he stole a police cruiser and kept ramming it into a pickup truck.

The shooting occurred after police responded to a report about 7:15 a.m. Friday of a man threatening at least two people with a knife at a gas station near South Lee Street and Buford Highway in downtown Buford.

Authorities found a U.S. Permanent Resident card on Valdivia's possession that had a different name, Gwinnett police spokesman Cpl. Darren Moloney said.

Police also found white powdery substance in Valdivia's possession and are waiting for toxicology reports to confirm that the substance was an illegal drug.

Police have not identified the officer who shot Valdivia but have said he has been with the Gwinnett police department for 11 years.

Sponsored Links

10. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The mud is starting to clear a little bit on this one. If the guy was ramming an occupied (article doesn't clearly state) vehcile along with fleeing the scene where he had just threatened people with a knife then I feel more comfortable with the shoot. The manner in which it was originally presented left a lot questions needing answers.

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

yeah, seems the evidence is talking a bit more, and possibly witnesses.