Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ajc.com/gwinnett/content/met ... 5_web.html

Cpl. Flathmann yells at her to get out of the car, when in fact she is out of the car," the report reads. "Flathmann at that point calls her a "Bitch" as he pulls her by her hair... Flathmann pulls her by her hair until her feet are free from the vehicle."

Oliveira's body then rolls into a lane of traffic as Flathmann continues to yell. He orders her again to get out of the car even though she is on the street now.
Apparently, this "wrong command" thing is more common than I thought.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It appears that Cpl. Flathmann was having a bad evening, along with Ms. Oliveira. Can't we all just get along?

It's up to the grand jury now. Citizens...aren't they?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
pro2am said:
It's up to the grand jury now.
You haven't had much interaction with the criminal justice system.

If you had you would know that the Grand Jury would indict a ham sandwich if the DA asked them to.

·
Super Moderator
69,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ber950 said:
pro2am said:

If you had you would know that the Grand Jury would indict a ham sandwich if the DA asked them to.
Must not have.

Jury returned a no bill.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
ber950 said:
pro2am said:

Must not have.

Jury returned a no bill.
Thats what I said when I heard this.

For those who have no experience Grand Juries are not selected in the same manner as standard juries. They are typically selected from a pool of former juries that convicted. Also no defense is presented except in certain limited execptions .

They tend to do what the DA asks them to.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
For those who have no experience Grand Juries are not selected in the same manner as standard juries. They are typically selected from a pool of former juries that convicted. Also no defense is presented except in certain limited execptions .

They tend to do what the DA asks them to.
Wow...that just...doesn't....sound...right...

However, it is only the first step...yes? After the Grand Jury it would go to court where the defendant has the opportunity to...um...get defended.

I guess I need to take another civics class.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
pro2am said:
Wow...that just...doesn't....sound...right...

However, it is only the first step...yes? After the Grand Jury it would go to court where the defendant has the opportunity to...um...get defended.
Thats because its not.

Yes it is just the first step. However, I don't think this procedure is what the founding fathers had in mind. The Grand Jury process should be the defendants first line of defense not a rubber stamp for the DA.

Oh this guy was a Police Officer. He got to put up a defense because thats one of the exceptions. You would not get the chance.

·
Super Moderator
69,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
http://www.ajc.com/gwinnett/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/07/13/video_0715_web.html

Cpl. Flathmann yells at her to get out of the car, when in fact she is out of the car," the report reads. "Flathmann at that point calls her a "Bitch" as he pulls her by her hair... Flathmann pulls her by her hair until her feet are free from the vehicle."

Oliveira's body then rolls into a lane of traffic as Flathmann continues to yell. He orders her again to get out of the car even though she is on the street now.
Apparently, this "wrong command" thing is more common than I thought.
No crime! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts