Gwinnett County

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

If you live in Gwinnett County, we need your assistance right now.

Please:

(1) Send me a PM, and

(2) Join GCOimmediately.

Posting complaints on the internet is fun and all, but sooner or later, you must become "determined to take action," as Margaret Thatcher would say. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2. Purge

Purge New Member

I live in Gwinnett and would like to do what I can.
    Money is [-o< ... but I'll scrape up what I can to join. :D

Hey, I didn't realize it was only $15. I can afford that.

3. Malum Prohibitum

GCO wanted to make sure that finances were not a problem for anybody! :D

Gwinnett County updates will be coming soon on the GCO site, and GCO is going to need your help if you reside in Gwinnett County.

4. Warp

Warp New Member

What's up with Gwinnett? I'm not there yet, but will be in May. Would it still help if I joined ASAP instead of waiting?

I'll have to talk my fiance into joining, she is down there right now.

5. Malum Prohibitum

I do not yet have a link for Gwinnett preemption over at GCO, but if you review the news items you will see what is happening in Gwinnett. It also appears that Gwinnett is going to continue enforcing its gun ban - news item to appear as soon as I get the written correspondence from Gwinnett confirming their intention to disobey state law.

Obviously, the more Gwinnett members GCO can organize, the better.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I live in Forsyth, but work in Gwinnett. Is that close enough ?

7. Malum Prohibitum

Yes. So long as you might use their parks.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Okay...........What did I miss, see what happens when I work to much and dont play!

I get paid this weekend and will send in my GCO dues MP.

I live in Gwinnett and even my fiance supports these efforts! Just let me know how we can help.

9. Purge

Purge New Member

Hey MP!

You must be wondering where my app and check are for the GCO membership :wave:

I mailed it on the 24th and today I received it back as "UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED." ](*,)

I checked the address and it is exactly as PDF and text files. Let me know what you would like me to do. :shock:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Argh!

My chest!

AAAH!

That is five, now. http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/vie ... 2&start=20

Purge, I am meeting with the postmaster soon to see if this can be resolved.

:evil:

11. 2Abeliever

2Abeliever New Member

Please let us know. I too would like to send my check. :D

12. Malum Prohibitum

Please do not wait on the government resolution of the problem to join! :D

The vast majority of these get through just fine. These five mentioned were returned. Of those, three were resent and made it through the second go around. The remaining two I expect will make it through as well.

The odds are highly in your favor that it will be delivered correctly the first time around. :wink:

13. Purge

Purge New Member

I'll see the postmaster tomorrow as well. I'll tell him that the address is correct and try again. :wink:

14. Malum Prohibitum

Please do me a favor and punch him in the face for me. :shattered:

15. Malum Prohibitum

Just to reiterate.

16. Malum Prohibitum

GCO's mail delivery problem has been solved, and the memberships are now flooding through.

As for Gwinnett, there is going to be an update over at GCO within the next 24-48 hours. I will post a link here when that happens.

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

18. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

So, now when I walk the dog and GF at Trebble Mills I won't be at the mercy of criminals?

I was kinda hoping GCO was going to call out a bunch of GCO members in Gwinnett to come out and protest or something... seems they accomplished their mission without my physical presence :(

Good job GCO. When I get back from vacation I'll send some more cash.. providing I win big at the slots.... :D

19. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Thanks

Thanks for the help
    Steve

I would like to point out that my Commissioner's office did contact me by phone within 48 hours of reciving the first letter. That took some effort because I intentinally did not give them my number because I preferred a response by mail. I wanted hard copies to share.

20. Malum Prohibitum

Nothing has yet been accomplished. Gwinnett is "promising" to amend the statute to comply with the law. GCO is watching. Your concerned presence may yet be necessary.

The city of Roswell, when approached about its ordinance, promised to amend it to fix the problem, then amended it to make it a worse violation of state law than before.

We still need Gwinnett County residents to urge their commissioners to do the right thing and comply with state law. There is only one correct answer on this issue: The carry and possession of firearms is completely preempted by state law, and the county may not attempt to regulate it "in any manner."