Gwinnett County Schools - Are They Open or Closed Wednesday?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Phil1979, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

None of the local news media shows Gwinnett Schools being closed. Yet, my son said they told him today they'd be closed tomorrow. Anyone know the real scoop?

2. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Wife's daughter received text from teacher that said no school tomorrow for daughter's son, but I’m with you; I can find no official notice anywhere, not even on Gwinnett PS website. There are lots of other school announcements though.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I just received this from Fox 5

[​IMG]

4. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

A friend is a bus driver. He received phone call telling him that the schools were closed tomorrow.

5. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I got an autobot call at about 10:41pm saying the schools were closed, and that it was a "digital learning day".

First of all, this last minute garbage makes Gwinnett officials look worse than Fulton and Dekalb, if that's at all possible.

And what is this "digital learning day" stuff? Not everyone has a computer at home, and not everyone lets their children use one at home even if they do.

Gwinnett is looking more stupid all the time.

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

All schools for the counties within 20 miles of me EXCEPT HALL COUNTY have announced, per WSB-TV, that they're closed tomorrow. W.T.F. is Hall County waiting for? Did they stretch a dome across that part of N.E. Georgia to protect them? Are they going to have the National Guard de-icing the roads with flamethrowers in Hall Co outside of Gainesville city limits? Not that I care. I have no business in Hall County this week. But it's just curious.

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

They were trained by Mr. Myagi from HI FEMA?