Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to the forum, been reading a lot and finally got around to getting the GWL. Previously lived in DeKalb, now living in Gwinnett, so I went from one of the worst metro counties to one of the better ones, in terms of issuing process/hassle. I didn't expect the process to go so smoothly, must be living right. No wait at the probate court (Tues afternoon, 2:30 PM), walked in with my pre-printed application, handed over ID and cash, walked out in less than 5 minutes. I knew I'd have to come back another day for the prints, dropped by on a day off, barely missing the cutoff (11:20 AM), thought I was going to miss it since parking was a bear at the permits office. Walk in to permits office, a few folks sitting/waiting, but they took me right in, gave them my form from the probate court, ID, and cash, and was printed immediately. Less than 5 minutes again. Everyone involved in the process was courteous and helpful. 3 weeks on the nose, permit shows up in the mailbox.

All in all, a very smooth process. Only problem I have is that the GWL is much longer and wider than a credit card or driver's license, so it doesn't fit in my wallet.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Welcome to Georgia Packing AND Gwinnett County :righton:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the GWL! I managed to trim the lamination down a bit until it fit in a larger slot in my wallet. Can't wait till they go the standard ID card model in the coming years...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts