Gwinnett County: 15 Days!!!!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Warp, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Warp

Warp Member

I applied on September 12th and received today, September 27.

I am very happy. That is how long my Indiana license took a couple years ago.

Digital fingerprints. I asked the lady at the probate court when I applied and she said 3 months. Or maybe 6 months. I held my tongue about the 60 day law.

This is an improvement. My fiance's had taken 58 days back in March-May.

2. moga

moga New Member

Good business. :cheers:

I can only hope my license comes half as quickly as yours.

3. commodore_dude

commodore_dude Active Member

Noice! Mine ended up taking 51 days...

4. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Sweet, I am a couple years away from needing a renewal but it is good to know they seem to be getting with it. :D

5. Grayson

Grayson Guest

Gwinnett

Applied Aug 10th and received yesterday, Sept 27th. Machine would not read my prints, so they had to do two cards.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Re: Gwinnett

:welcome: You from Grayson?

7. Grayson

Grayson Guest

Grayson

Since 1976!

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Neat. I went to Grayson High, graduated in '04. Home base is still off of Webb Gin House Road near 124.

9. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm glad my county is doing their job as far as GFL's. Gives me a little hope they're doing their job in other areas.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:pointlol:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, that was a good first "Georgia gun law" experience for you!

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

At least your fiance's was still within the lawful time limit.

13. KurtZ66

KurtZ66 Guest

More positive news from Gwinnett.

I applied (actually a renewal) on 11/1 and picked it up yesterday, 11/15. Great turnaround, and I was impressed with the service.

The day I applied, as I was walking out of GJAC, my cell phone rings. It was the lady I had just applied with in the courthouse. She stated I had signed in the wrong place (long story) and asked if I could return to sign in the right spot. She said I could come directly to her and not stand in line again and she'd have the license ready. I just had to redo the single finger print on the license itself and resign. Not bad!

Then, Wed. I received a call from the court. They was another error on the license itself (never did find out what) but I had been approved. If I could come back and re-print and re-sign, I could leave with it. I have to admit, I thought there was a problem of some sort at first, like a case of mistaken identity, and thought they'd have the SO there to arrest me or something. She askd when I could be there, so she'd make sure she was there! :shock:

So, I went back up there yesterday, went straight to the probate court and asked for the lady who called. She came out right away with the new, corrected license, resigned, and printed and she took it, stamped it, lamenated it and I was on my way.

One of the better government experiences I've had. Everyone was cheerful, polite and very helpful.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What's going on with all the helpful, swift probate courts all of a sudden?

15. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

geez wow..... now I wonder why my co-worker is having to wait a month now for his renewal? It did expire and he did the whole process again, electronic prints and all.

Hmmmmm. He is over 70 years old and not in munch of a rush. I been asking him about it but he is just getting it to have it again.

I will keep on him and see how long it takes.

16. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I heard about some upstart grassroots organization that's been harassing the hard-working (if a bit lazy) folks at our Probate Courts, just for not issuing within the state-mandated time frame. The nerve of some people!

17. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

It's the tie!!! :lol:

18. Dayne

Dayne Guest

Well, this is certainly news of the nature I like to see. I've been reading over this board for the past week or so, I came across it when I made the decision to purchase a handgun. I just recently started a new job in atlanta, down on Marietta street near the Five Points station, and the sun ain't always up on my shift. I figured better safe than sorry.

So after I decided to get something to protect myself, I started looking around for what it'd go through for me to get a carry permit for Georgia, and I came across this website (y'all can thank Google for that). So far it's been very helpful as a practical guide to Georgia gunlaw and what to expect from bearing arms in this state, as well as what the GFL does and does not cover, how to go about it, and so on.

At any rate, this morning I went down to the Gwinnett County Probate court. Unfortunately, I didn't leave myself enough time to get fingerprinted, so I'll be going early Weds morning. The probate clerks were very polite and they didn't committ any SNAFU's by asking me for my SSN or anything.
    With luck, I'm hoping that my permit is on the order of 15 days, since that's right around the time frame as to when I'll have the cash free to actually purchase a handgun.

(Oh, and before anyone asks, yes, I'm well aware of GCO ;) A membership purchase shall be forthcoming around the same time as the handgun purchase.... 1st of the month coming up, bills to pay, y'all know how it goes....)