Guys are not at risk at KSU

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by a_springfield, Oct 13, 2010.

1. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I got this email about an hour ago. Am i just reading this wrong or are males not at risk for violent crime? I have never been offered a male only self defense class or a co-ed class for that matter.

2. Quest50

Quest50 Active Member

No, of course we males could never be a target of violent crime at KSU. -.-

3. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

They have to teach self-defense at KSU for all the girls that Southside Steve goes after. :lol:

4. Having trained men and women in martial arts, I can tell you that women often feel intimidated by working directly with men at the beginning.
    The kinds of people I see in my classes are self selecting, they have an interest already or they wouldn't be there and I still see hesitancy on the part of the women,
    the men tend to dive in and get aggressive.

For a 'short course' such as this, it is probably a good idea to have segregated classes. Some of the awareness and avoidance issues are different
    for women than men. That said, I would like to see a self defense short course designed for the males also. In a co-ed short course, the women would
    be intimidated and therefore participate less enthusiastically and the men would feel frustrated and held back by the coddling of the women.

5. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Women want to learn how to defend themselves from rape.

Men want to learn how to beat the :censored: out of somebody who bothers them.

I have many, many years of self-defense and martial arts training. When it comes up in conversation with people, with very few exceptions, the guys all want to fight me to find out if I really know what I'm talking about and doing. That, or they think I think I'm Forrest Griffin or Kimbo Slice.

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

not sure id want to sit through a class watching them teach the women an hours worth of ball strikes

7. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

but i will NOT hesistate in participating in the titty twisting class:D

8. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

So...you're offering yourself as the target? hmmmmm... I always suspected that about you. :wink:

8)

9. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

:banghead:

10. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

If I were a devious bad guy, I'd demand that men be allowed in the class. Then I'd show up for class in order to meet defenseless women. Then I'd pay attention to what was taught so I could use it against them later.

Of course, most bad guys are not that devious or that smart.

11. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

or ever decide to waste their time on watching a one ounding on a kick bag and screaming at the same time. I've not been to these classes but I've dated girls that have went and honestly its basic struggling moves followed by fleeing or a kick to the:

[​IMG]

Thats why they tell you to start swining your arms and kicking and screaming, more than likely if you can get the legs up high enough your going to kick him in the promise land and he will release, or elbow him in the nose one way or another. I've watched alot of Law and Order and CSI :D

12. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I can understand that but they have never once sent me an invitation to one that men are allowed. I am paying the same tuition as all the women and i am not offered the same classes, it seems that KSU does not think that men are at risk. Sound the same as GT telling their students to travel in groups, just more victims at once.

13. Dan

Dan Stuck in New England

I once took a French Self-Defense class. It was the most running I have ever done in my life.

14. BSCLibertarian

BSCLibertarian I'm kind of a big deal

:rotfl: :rotfl:

15. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Did they award everyone a white flag at the end of the class?