Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
Joined
·
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning scary meth mug shots at link http://www.covnews.com/section/1/article/17291/

According to Newton County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Cortney Morrison, the victim called authorities and told them he had been robbed at gunpoint at his home Monday night. The man told deputies that he had spoken to his friend, 21-year-old Frank Edward Nash, about his desire to sell a gaming system and a weapon.
When the victim returned, the driver (whose identity is unknown) reportedly pulled a gun and the group drove off with the gaming system and the victim's weapon. According to Morrison, the victim said that he heard a gunshot as the car drove away but could not tell if they shot at his home, or who was doing the shooting.
We are going to have to keep these repeat offenders locked up. If they are drug users, then get them treatment. Something different needs to take place. I don't know the answers, but I can see that the current plan isn't working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,178 Posts
This is the very reason I never sell a firearm, or any other item without having a 2nd firearm on my person. Same goes for inviting strangers to the house to look at a larger item I might be selling
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
A. McClure said:
This is the very reason I never sell a firearm, or any other item without having a 2nd firearm on my person. Same goes for inviting strangers to the house to look at a larger item I might be selling
+1, I am always CC when meeting up to sell a firearm. I also always do it at a populated place in the daytime, like a Wal-Mart parking lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
ookoshi said:
A. McClure said:
This is the very reason I never sell a firearm, or any other item without having a 2nd firearm on my person. Same goes for inviting strangers to the house to look at a larger item I might be selling
+1, I am always CC when meeting up to sell a firearm. I also always do it at a populated place in the daytime, like a Wal-Mart parking lot.
Ditto, and someplace I am also familiar with,or can recon first. Show up early and scout the area, for it might be a set up. You just never know with folks today. Sad story, hope he gets his stuff back,and thankful he is alive. Perhaps next time he'll be more careful.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Yep, always be armed when selling a gun or anything else, definitely get out if something feels bad.

Just to think that I live near these people. :shock: I heard Meth is very popular around here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
yummy sexyyyyy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,110 Posts
I just played a flash game involving attacking zombies that were less hideous than those two in the mug shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
I don't sell guns, but have been known to make *CL* purchases. Its a moot point to say I carry to those transactions. I always carry, no exceptions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
phantoms said:
Tech5 said:
yummy sexyyyyy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then this one's right up your alley. :shattered:
Such a shame! She was almost coming around at the end! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
I have always made sure I carried when buying or selling, especially on *CL*. Luckily everything was good with the exception of one of my last deals. Two guys showed up and kept trying to haggle at the price that was agreed upon before the meet. Needless one of them was getting pretty aggravated because I would not budge on the price. I just kept them at a reasonable distance and told them firmly that the price was what it was and I would gladly load it up and take it home regardless of how far they had driven. Finally they paid for the parts and left. My wife was in the truck and I had locked the doors in it and handed her my BUG if things went sour. My EDC was still on my side underneath my shirt concealed. You just can not trust people in these economic times at all.

I have had my brother sit in his car at a very slight distance watching me sell large items like a trailer or something. Made me feel even more comfortable knowing I had someone else watching too. The buyer never even knew. Luckily the deal went smoothly. Something just left me uneasy but turned out the guy was an odd duck regardless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,590 Posts
noslofivoh said:
I have always made sure I carried when buying or selling, especially on *CL*. Luckily everything was good with the exception of one of my last deals. Two guys showed up and kept trying to haggle at the price that was agreed upon before the meet. Needless one of them was getting pretty aggravated because I would not budge on the price. I just kept them at a reasonable distance and told them firmly that the price was what it was and I would gladly load it up and take it home regardless of how far they had driven. Finally they paid for the parts and left. My wife was in the truck and I had locked the doors in it and handed her my BUG if things went sour. My EDC was still on my side underneath my shirt concealed. You just can not trust people in these economic times at all.

I have had my brother sit in his car at a very slight distance watching me sell large items like a trailer or something. Made me feel even more comfortable knowing I had someone else watching too. The buyer never even knew. Luckily the deal went smoothly. Something just left me uneasy but turned out the guy was an odd duck regardless.
Want me to bring the Rangefinder and .338 and setup on your roof next time and just have them come to the house ? :p:p

Yes +1million to carry to ANY Craigslist transactions. A friend got robbed because he said he talked to a woman and it wasn't a big deal, until some guy got out of the car with a pistol pointed at him, not just firearms but anything you're dealing with like this be vigilant!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
yeah I do alot of selling on CL and such. usually have one gun on my hip, one in the pocket and a dog in the car. Dogs can always smell trouble before people realize it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Suprman said:
yeah I do alot of selling on CL and such. usually have one gun on my hip, one in the pocket and a dog in the car. Dogs can always smell trouble before people realize it.
The local firing range is a great place to transact stuff like this. Armed citizens abound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
a__l__a__n said:
Suprman said:
yeah I do alot of selling on CL and such. usually have one gun on my hip, one in the pocket and a dog in the car. Dogs can always smell trouble before people realize it.
The local firing range is a great place to transact stuff like this. Armed citizens abound.
not all people want to drive 15-20 minutes to a firing range to sell a car part or electronic. I've found big-box store parking lots like walmart or malls to be a good place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,667 Posts
Do the deal at the local PD or SO...
If they don't want to do the deal there, then forget it
 

·
Glock Block Supporter
Joined
·
2,573 Posts
SheriffOconee said:
Do the deal at the local PD or SO...
If they don't want to do the deal there, then forget it
How are PD's and SO's going to feel about someone possessing and selling guns on Government property? :?: The majority of LEO's aren't like you Mr. Berry. I think most would have a serious problem with it.
 

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
Joined
·
5,514 Posts
The Sheriff may simply be suggesting that you offer it up as a meeting place, if the buyer turns it down then it was probably a hinky deal to start with.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top