Gunstar1 I have a question

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by jason1, Oct 18, 2007.

1. jason1

jason1 New Member

Gunstar1 I have a question for you.Is their a way you can do a search on this board to find local GCO Members in your area our could you add a way someone could search that like what city or county they are in.I was wanting to meet more GCO members in the area. I have shoot with a couple of members here like Adam and sharky plus zookeeper.Its all ways good too meet new people and shooting buddies here. :wink:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

IMHO, this would be better served on the GCO Site. IE, with your registration, you also note your GPDO name, parse that into a DB (Which I'm sure they are already doing), from there it would be a breeze to code up a Member's only section of GCO that could search for members in your area and display their GPDO info...

I say it is better suited for GCO because they already have the Membership DB.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Until something like this is done, you can always just start a thread and look. I know that only works for active members here (and I don't think all GCO members are GPDO members). Not a bad idea, though.

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I'm not sure all members of GCO would be happy with thier address being available to anyone willing to pay the membership fee. Could lead to problems like dealers using such a list for marketing and direct contact sales pitches to anti's publishing such a list in an attempt to disrupt our lives.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I agree that most members of GCO and posters on this forum would likely not want their location showing publicly. I actually just removed mine from my profile yesterday after the whole LIAM thing.

What I did when I wanted to meet some locals was start a thread (as someone already suggested) stating I wanted to shoot with some locals in area X and asked them to PM me if interested in a meet. The ones that don't mind being public will reply in the thread, the rest would PM you privately.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GCO jealously protects its membership list.

GCO does not disclose its members without their permission.

However, they can certainly identify themselves, and most do. Posting on here and coming to the GCO Fall Luncheon are great ways to meet people with whom to shoot. In fact, most of the people attending the lunch will be shooting afterward . . .

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

And man wait till you see the amount of firepower present at the event. Holy cow......

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

We had plenty of firepower at the last shoot. :D

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

GCO Fundraising is working on a special attraction for the Luncheon shoot. Stay tuned for more info.... :wink:

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I hope it involves guns. Or prizes. Or prizes of guns. Or strippers. For ammo.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Or strippers with guns !!!

12. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

:rotfl2: (+1 :-$ )

i will probably have an open seat for the ride to the luncheon if you need one

13. jason1

jason1 New Member

Hey MP I was just throwing a idea out to see what the board thought about it but I can understand about the spam issues like USMC .
    But I was thinking that you can look up by the city and thats it.
    Again I'm just pitching ideas out without the board beating me like a :deadhorse: . But I just like to help any way I can for GCO and I like to pitch Ideas its what I do with my job around Union setting.

VOLGRAD whats LIAM thing.
    I think I have never read the post here.
    What happen

I think I need to go one of this days to see the people
    with nice little hardware strapped to them But I work in retail and that is hard to do with my hours and days being changed day to day or week to week :cry: .

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

jason, Liam was (in all appearances) trolling this board and acting like a mall ninja. If you're unfamiliar with that term, you can do a little research here, but put away your drink and make sure your boss isn't around.