Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you all know I plan on getting a M&P 40 this week sometime. I really like the gun and the way it looks and feels except 2 things. I need a gunsmith to install the Apex kit I plan on getting for the gun to smooth out the trigger. I also want 3 rows of the fish scale serration cut into the front of the slide. I looked everywhere for a price of S&W to do it but cannot find nothing.If S&W cant or want to do it who recommends a gun smith to possibly do this for me. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Try Matt Lilley at Spartan Armory http://spartan-armory.com/

His number is (770) 655-5324.

I think his website is down. Call him and see if he will install the Apex kit for you unless you think you can tackle this yourself. Apex has some good youtube videos but it's best to leave it to pros if you don't think you can handle it.

Why do you want to cut serrations in the slide??? I don't understand this.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The serrations would be for press checking the gun because I dont really trust the little hole in the top of the barrel for conformation of a chambered round. I also like them for the option as another racking point in an emergency/ bad situation if I only had one hand avaible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts