Guns in Mexico

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Don't take your sidearm with you on vacation to Mexico. Or Maryland, USA.

Nemo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/2...s-across-border-for-safety-officials-say.html

Click link above for the rest of the story

2. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

probably shouldn't be deputies.

3. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Member

In the regard that they are so incredibly stupid, yes it's true that they should not be deputies. I was once muzzle swept by a stupid Cobb deputy in a gun store, and I almost, and should have, went off on that stupid woman. How in the world did this couple ever think their guns would make it through customs? :screwy::screwy::screwy: Also, how did they get bailed out so quickly? A few years ago, a guy got busted for making a dumb mistake (not nearly as dumb as this one), and spent his entire life savings over a long period of time, but finally got out of the Mexican jail.

I went to Cancun' about 30 years ago, back when it was relatively safe. I never got in a situation where I really wished I had a gun, although I was propositioned by a whore and a drug dealer, right in front of my wife. I wasn't even in the donkey show area. But with what has been happening the last few years, it has become incredibly stupid just to go to Mexico. Anywhere in Mexico.

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

No extradition back to Mexico. And no-harm, no-foul for us. Mexico has no hooks in our free citizens here, they can stuff their charges.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The Crisp county deputies are black. Maybe they're getting preferential treatment for being nonwhite? Maybe some in Mexico and in the USA don't want Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to call for protests and boycotts?

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

The message we should take away from this is, spend your vacation dollars in the U.S. where most states will let you be armed to defend yourself from thugs.

Who wants to be hurt or killed in a foreign country that would jail you just because you don't want to be a victim?

7. Motopackin

Motopackin Member

Did they declare their weapons to the airline when they checked their bags? Probably not, so are there criminal penalties associated with that?

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Must be no need for them to do that. Remember, they are highly trained professionals.

Nemo