Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Help support GCO by volunteering at the Gunrunner Gun and Knife Show, October 16 and 17, 2010, at the Georgia International Horse Park, Exhibition Center, 1996 Centennial Olympic Parkway, Conyers Georgia (off Hwy 138). This will be a fun and exciting event as it's Conyers first gun show ever!

Just a little overview about the GIHP...From the beginning, it has been groomed for greatness. Since opening its gates in September of 1995, the GIHP has already served as the equestrian venue for the largest sporting event in the world...The 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. The park was the setting for all equestrian events, as well as the first ever mountain bike competition and the final two events of the modern pentathlon of the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games. The park's sprawling 1,400 acres can accommodate events of all shapes and sizes from equestrian competitions, festivals, concerts, wedding receptions, family reunions or sports competitions.

Today, the tradition continues as the GIHP plays host to a remarkable variety of special events of all shapes and sizes.

Please sign up for an hour or two to help GCO recruit new members. Gun shows are one of the best ways of getting GCO's name out there and signing up new members. Just a little piece of your time as a volunteer for this event will show your support to GCO!

If you have never volunteered at a gun show before, it's easy and lots of fun...meet and learn from other experienced members.:D

If you have any questions, you may send a PM (private message) or email to [email protected], (Ron Gietzen) or call my cell at (770) 480-6388 to schedule.

Click HERE for a map to guide you to the Georgia International Horse Park, Exhibition Center in Conyers if you are not familiar with the area.

GCO Volunteer Schedule:

Gunrunner Gun and Knife Show, October 16 and 17, 2010 (need at least two people per slot, I prefer three (the more Volunteers, the better!)

Code:
Time                             Saturday                                 Sunday
======================================================================================================
All Day                          Mark5019                               Mark5019
All Day                                                                 Erin C.
09:00 to 10:00           Bryan M., Melita E.                           -----------      
10:00 to 11:00           Bryan M., Melita E.                            Jud K.
11:00 to 12:00.          Bryan M., Melita E.                            Jud K.
12:00 to 01:00           Bruce G., Alex K., Melita E.                   Bryan R.
01:00 to 02:00           Bruce G., Alex K., Melita E.                   Bryan R.
02:00 to 03:00           Bruce G., Alex K., Melita E.                   Bryan R.
03:00 to 04:00           John H., Jim O.
04:00 to 05:00           John H., Jim O.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It's eating me alive that I'm tied up that weekend. Love working the shows but this one I'm particularly excited about. I used to live about 5 miles northeast of the park and Newton & Rockdale are pro-carry communitites with tremendous potential. Did a great deal of informal recruiting when I lived there (flyers, etc.)
Can't commit to a time but if I can find a window in that weekend I'll be there to help. You're already in great hands with Mark.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Re: GUNRUNNERS GUN SHOW, CONYERS, OCT. 16, 17 NEED VOLUNTEERS

bump to keep it near top

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Re: GUNRUNNERS GUN SHOW, CONYERS, OCT. 16, 17 NEED VOLUNTEERS

bueller...... bueller....... bueller......

Coming up this weekend... anyone else coming to hang out with us ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: GUNRUNNER GUN SHOW, CONYERS, Update for Saturday

FYI...We signed up (33) new memberships and (3) renewals today with the crowd being only moderate.

We need (34) on Sunday to set a new record.

Thanks to all GCO members for their hard work today to achieve this number.

Champion Operator

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't believe we only got 33 members from this show. People don't seem to understand the difference between a constitutional right, and a government given priviledge. All 400,000 card carrying gun owners in the state of Georgia should be a member of Georgia Carry, yet we have to go to gun shows and beg them to join. No wonder we have to buy a license to practice our right to bear arms. Apethetic populations are to blame for government control.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Not a bad total (I think) -

The show was kinda slow on Saturday (although we did nab quite a few)
btw - thanks to the folks that work Saturday (no offense to the Sunday folks) it makes
for a good day when you have a good bunch to hang out and work wiith :D

How was it on Sunday ? Were there more folks ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts