Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Gunbroker FFL

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  maggie 
#1 ·
Anyone know of an FFL in or around metro Atlanta , that will take a handgun, put it on GB, handle all aspects of shipping, pics , etc. I bring in the item, it sells , I pick up the money. Need a paper trail for an estate.

#2 ·
Does it need to be sold through GunBroker or just sold for the estate? Are you asking about GB because you think that it will fetch a higher sale price with that level of exposure? I've always found the folks at Cherokee Gun & Pawn to be VERY reasonable and helpful. If no one has a specific LGS that they know will do it I would suggest calling and asking them.

#3 ·
ightWhy would you need an additional paper trail? You can list the firearm on Gunbroker, print the listing page. When/if it sells print the sales page. It will have the amount of the purchase price. Once the money is received take it to an FFL for shipping. When the price for shipping is paid you will receive a receipt from the FFL for it. Place all paperwork in a file folder and present it to the estate along with the funds received from the sale minus any expenses. Include a detailed statement explaining what each page represents and the plus and minus of the funds.

The FFL you take it to should provide you with a copy of the intake and ship out document as well. This will include the details of the firearm including the make, model and SN. I'm not sure if Wild West Traders will sell a firearm on consignment or not. If you are in the area doesn't hurt to ask.

What other kind of paperwork would be needed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.