Gun Used to Stop Horrible Burning Death

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Passer-by uses gun to halt attack

By Nicklaus Lovelady
    nicklaus.lovelady@jackson.gannett.com

Brian Albert Broom/The Clarion-Ledger

As customers watched in horror Sunday afternoon, a man stabbed a woman and attempted to set her on fire in the parking lot of a Jackson store, witnesses said.

The attack was stopped by a passer-by, who held the man at gunpoint until police arrived, witnesses said.

The suspect, Henry Watson, 42, was arrested and is expected to face aggravated assault charges, Jackson Police Department Cmdr. Lee Vance said. Watson's wife, Gracie Watson, 42, was transported to the University of Mississippi Medical center, where she was listed in good condition.

"It wasn't five minutes from when she had left my line when I heard a scream outside," said Theresa Stuckey, a cashier at the Family Dollar at 516 Nakoma Drive in Jackson. "I looked out, and (the attacker) was on top of her stabbing her, and stabbing her and stabbing her.

"She was screaming, 'Help, he's trying to kill me!' She was rolling on the ground, trying to get out of the way, but he kept stabbing her. He stabbed her about 20 times in the neck, back and arms."

As the attack continued, people were yelling at the man to stop and honking their horns, Stuckey said. She said she called 911.

"He was just standing over her hacking away," said Dolly Baker, who had just left the Save-A-Lot store next door when she saw the attack.

Baker said she watched the man pour gasoline on the victim then try to strike a match.

"He was literally trying to kill that lady in broad daylight," she said.

Baker said a passer-by stopped the attack.

"He told the man, 'Stop, or I'm going to shoot. And if you run, I'm going to kill you,' " Baker said.

The man held Watson at bay until police arrived at the scene.

"Right now, all we know is that (Watson) attacked his wife. For what reason, we don't know," Jackson Police Department Sgt. Eric Smith said.

Police said they are looking for the passer-by who stopped the attack and would like to talk to him but don't know who he is or where he went.

:lol:

The incident occurred about 3:50 p.m.

Smith said he did not know exactly how many times Gracie Watson was stabbed but said it was more than 10 times.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Hey, that man is killing that woman, I should do something... I know...

{Honk Honk}

3. Malum Prohibitum

A firearms license is for protecting yourself and your family only. Who does this guy think he is, a wannabe cop? He does not know the situation. The guy with the match could have been an undercover officer moving in. The woman could have been a terrorist with a bomb!

:lol:

4. Malum Prohibitum

The attacker might have mistaken that for a sign of support. Honk if you like stabbing and burning!

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

What do you want to bet that the mad man with the gun also *gasp* open carries.

:D

6. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I know you have to be careful jumping into things but honestly if I am ever being stabbed please feel free to jump in... If I live I'll hug ya neck and kiss ya

7. Malum Prohibitum

Something tells me that probably will not be necessary.

:shoot: :shattered:

8. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Well ok but even a tough girl likes to be rescued!

Even I am afraid of the dark!

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm only afraid of one thing....ZOMBIES! It gives me a reason to stock up on ammo. :D

10. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Ok so onto to the zombies thing. did you see dawn of the dead when they were target shooting the celebrities? I believe with zombies you use the obliteration technique----meaning at least a .50 cal is necessary

back to the article... I hope the good samaritan doesn't get in any trouble if they find out who he is.

11. Foul

Foul New Member

That Dawn of the Dead remake was totally Hollywood...completely fake.
    EVERYBODY knows that zombies CAN"T run.

Now the ORIGINAL Dawn of the Dead...that's the way it's going down when the dead do rise. (And Resident evil for the Playstation was an advanced training tool to hone survival skills.)

:p

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I think I saw reruns of the original. that one was way before my time

13. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

That's not saying much. I've got socks that were "before your time"! :lol:

14. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

USMC - I can't help it if your idea of hunting big game involved dinosaurs :lol:

15. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Fire still makes him skittish. :D

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I think both you smart ass kids need your butts whupped!

Show a little respect for your elders. OK, I guess you're already showing as little as possible, so show some more respect for us old farts!!!

17. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

awww come on Ramm and I are just having fun. don't get your panties in a wad.

If you want to feel old I should tell you I was born in 1982 and graduated high school in 2000

Hehehehehe :twisted:

someday ramm and I will be old BUT you will still be older

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Being in between the two of you (age wise) my only thought on the above matter is you young uns shouldn't pick on those olders least they start talking about how many more years you have to work until retirement or how much they already have saved/invested towards said retirement. :wink:

Born in 82 huh. So you're about 25. Hmmm if my math is right that means you only have about 40 years until you don't have to work any more. Give or take 10. Assuming you figure out that putting 10-15% of your income up really isn't an option if you ever want to retire. :twisted:

(of course ignore all the above if you have some ripe old trust account sitting around and you only work because you want to. in which case :x )

19. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

OUCH!

25 yrs till university retirement but hey who's counting

20. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Retirement is good. As I've often stated, if I had realized how good it would be, I would have done it your age. So, while you still have the chance, go ahead and do it.

All you need do is sign up for the "Anna Nicole Retirement Plan"...

Not the dying young part, but the marry some wealthy old fart and watch him die part!