Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting prediction from 25 years ago, wouldn't you agree? They are probably making the same predictions today . . .

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Adam5 said:
Axeman said:
What is Kennesaw?
Kennesaw is off of I75 just north of Marietta.
Thanks, but I was trying to be clever and answer in the form of a question. :wink:

I read that article a while back, can't remember where but it was cool.

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Axeman said:
Adam5 said:
Axeman said:
What is Kennesaw?
Thanks, but I was trying to be clever and answer in the form of a question. :wink:

Jeopardy!

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did everybody miss the last paragraph of the link at GCO? :D

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I caught that. Has GCO actually sent a letter?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Axeman said:
Adam5 said:
Axeman said:
What is Kennesaw?

Jeopardy!
I'll take packin' heat for $500 Alex.

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... _0720.html

"Best place to raise a family?"

"Kennesaw."

"The fast-growing city of nearly 30,000 attracts more and more parents with kids in tow."

"The Cobb County town was selected by Family Circle magazine in its August issue as one of the nation's 'Ten Best Towns for Families.'"

"Kennesaw was plucked from a list of 1,850 towns to make the Top Ten list."

"'I was tickled to death,' says James Eaton, a chiropractor in downtown Kennesaw. 'It's always nice to have someone validate who you are, what you are and what your city stands for. It sure beats the publicity we got from that gun bill.'"

"Kennesaw made national news in 1982 when it passed a law that states that every head of a household must own a firearm. ..." ...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hope someone posts a reply to wanna be doctor Eaton (sorry I don't like chiro's as a general rule) that the gun law that he apparently doesn't care for probably has a lot to do with the low crime rate in his area which has an awful lot to do with his town being on the top 10 list at all.
:roll:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
"'I was tickled to death,' says James Eaton, a chiropractor in downtown Kennesaw. 'It's always nice to have someone validate who you are, what you are and what your city stands for. It sure beats the publicity we got from that gun bill.'"
Some people are, and will remain terminally clueless.

What a fracking moron.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I may be slow but it just occored to me how ingeniuos Kennesaw' gun requirement is. Not only are all homeowners arm, but just think of the riffraff that cannot legally own firearms that are now unable to live in your town. Brilliant!

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fallison said:
I may be slow but it just occored to me how ingeniuos Kennesaw' gun requirement is. Not only are all homeowners arm, but just think of the riffraff that cannot legally own firearms that are now unable to live in your town. Brilliant!
Kennesaw Irony
But you cannot carry in city parks according to an ordinance that violates preemption. Check out the list.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
fallison said:
Kennesaw Irony
But you cannot carry in city parks according to an ordinance that violates preemption. Check out the list.
GCO has a great opportunity to get national (and statewide) attention when it forces Kennesaw to do away with its pre-empted park gun ban.

:popcorn:

·
68,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GAGunOwner said:
GCO has a great opportunity to get national (and statewide) attention when it forces Kennesaw to do away with its pre-empted park gun ban.
It is an opportunity GCO does not wish to waste.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts