Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I tried to get the image out of my head..... but I just couldn't. :shock: :censored: ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
...and they took it down. :evil:

Heck, when are we going to take a stand for what we believe?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Ohh my goodness that women is an idiot. That's really sad to hear. Of course, CNN would put up some anti-gun drivel like that.

More on the War on Guns, and the attack on our rights.

·
Registered
949 Posts
That's exactly the kind of Santa I want leaving gifts at my place. They should have left the sign up, screw the anti-gun people.

·
Liver Abuser
1,057 Posts
The last words of the Tree-farm worker are prophetic "We've had it up for 20 years and with one complaint it's gone. . ." Seems to be the trend, if something upsets or offends one person it must be removed or stopped, no matter what the vast majority think or feel.

So what was the distarbance that spread in the street about?

Turlock is a mid-sized farming community in California's San Joaqiun Valley and a rather conservative place. Suprised this happened there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's a "private business." There ain't no way I'd take this down if it was me. Maybe if my tree sales started to go down because of the gun-toting Santa, but just because passers-by don't like it? I say shove it up your :censored: !

·
Registered
535 Posts
:panic:
What else needs to be said? I wonder if these guys have an email address...I want to recommend they put it back up and tell her to :cantsay: off

It portrays to the kids that it is ok for Santa to be carrying a gun, so it is ok for them to be carrying a gun
So, is it also ok for them to fly around with reindeer and slide down chimneys???

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
janedoedad said:
The last words of the Tree-farm worker are prophetic "We've had it up for 20 years and with one complaint it's gone. . ." Seems to be the trend, if something upsets or offends one person it must be removed or stopped, no matter what the vast majority think or feel.

So what was the distarbance that spread in the street about?

Turlock is a mid-sized farming community in California's San Joaqiun Valley and a rather conservative place. Suprised this happened there.
I think they all wanted to see the crazy whiny woman.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
"It sends [kids] the message that it's ok for Santa to carry a gun, therefore it's ok for them to carry a gun"

Yeah, well, Santa is morbidly obese. Does that send the message that it's ok for kids to be morbidly obese? Last I checked, diabetes and heart disease kill more people than firearms.

I like the response of the guy that works there. "Dude, it's just a santa. He's a cowboy. That's it"

People have entirely too much free time.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I would have done the same thing and taken it down...only to put up a larger Santa maybe packing an EBR :lol:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I work in the galleria mall at the santa playland with a gun everyday. Oh the humanity!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
This is where you find out that we are all equal, except some are more equal than others.

What, exactly, are MY chances to get something - like for instance that nutty lady - removed from public? Because she certainly deeply offends me, and she certainly sends the WRONG MESSAGE to children - that it's OK to throw a hissy fit about anything that you don't like, even when it violates other peoples' property rights.

Hmmm?

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
I bet that woman makes her kids eat all organic crap, and hand out nuts and berries at halloween. :screwy:

That's what happens when you have to much time on your hands. You want to stick your nose in everybody's business :x

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
budone1967 said:
I bet that woman makes her kids eat all organic crap, and hand out nuts and berries at halloween. :screwy:
My future children will be eating as much organic/grass-fed "crap" as I can afford, but they'll also have copies of Atlas Shrugged on their bookshelves. There's nothing about organic food and nuts and berries that is anti-capitalistic.

Now vegetarianism/veganism on the other hand...

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
spector said:
budone1967 said:
My future children will be eating as much organic/grass-fed "crap" as I can afford, but they'll also have copies of Atlas Shrugged on their bookshelves. There's nothing about organic food and nuts and berries that is anti-capitalistic.

Now vegetarianism/veganism on the other hand...
I never said organic food was anti anything, I just think it taste like crap and I refuse to eat it or make my child eat it.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Any1 have a screenshot of the picture? Don't have required flash player on mobile :(

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,851 Posts
I wonder what breathless Monica Sliva would have said or done if she had seen a customer there carrying a real gun instead of a plywood cutout of one. Her facial expression and eyes looked like a scared deer caught in some headlights.

The strange part of this story is that the guy working there looked a little intimidated as well. If they had the Santa up for 20 years, what on earth would possess them to take it down? A lone female sheep? Certainly not, I hope. The long line of cars coming to see it? Hello! Those are potential customers! :screwy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts