Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a gun store with reasonable prices that will take used guns as partial payment on a new purchase, and that will give a fair value to the trades ins.

I'm going to trade in my TCP738 and Jennings .380 and probably get a Ruger LC9s Pro.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
It would help narrow it down if we had a location to go by. Lots of gun stores will take trades on new purchases. I'm not sure how much you'll get for the Jennings though. It may be worth more to keep.

·
:) :) :)
12,566 Posts
No one is going to give you fair value on a used trade-in gun. They will however give you an amount where they can maybe eventually turn a profit after the trade-in sits on the shelf collecting dust for months, if not years.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,696 Posts
No one is going to give you fair value on a used trade-in gun. They will however give you an amount where they can maybe eventually turn a profit after the trade-in sits on the shelf collecting dust for months, if not years.
This. Prepare to take a bath, anywhere you go. Even if it is an unfired gun.

You could shop around for appraisals, but you'll have to burn gas of course.

The shops I've heard are fair: GA Firing Line, Cherokee Gun and Pawn.

·
Registered
841 Posts
You are much better off if you just sell your guns and use the $ to put towards your new gun. I doubt you would get more than $100 for both of your guns.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,938 Posts
Sell them on The Outdoors Trader.

I was told by one shop that to see what they pay for a used gun, they take $75 off the new price then divide by two. That's what they pay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts