Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
http://www.guns.com/2016/06/20/gun-shop-owner-killed-in-accidental-shooting/

James Baker, 64, was shot in the neck when a student in an adjacent room accidentally discharged a handgun while practicing weapon malfunction drills, local authorities said.
Four simple rules. Ignore them at someone's peril.
Firearms safety

Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:

1. All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
  2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.
  4. Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ugh....what a terrible story. Reminds me of a recent experience when I was at the range a few months ago. As I was shooting, someone tapped me on the shoulder. He wanted to ask me how the magazine went into the gun...of course he was asking this while it was pointed at my mid-section. I jumped his ass for his stupidity and immediately packed up and got the hell out of dodge. I do NOT like shooting when there are others present...there are lots of stupid people out there.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,611 Posts
Live fire required during the class.

BTW, didn't many against reciprocity in SC argue that it was safer to have training than not and that's why they shouldn't allow GA to have it? It appears from that article's map that SC has more gun problems than GA does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.