Gun Shows

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by John1976, Nov 3, 2016.

1. John1976

John1976 New Member

It's been a few years since I've been to a show. They got boring. Small selection and high prices. Has anything changed? Other than the entrance fees.
    I would like to go if there are any good shows in metro Atl..

2. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Still the same, just the entrance fees have gone up.

3. DKW

DKW Active Member

The problem I see with the “Eastman Gun Shows†around central GA is twofold;

1. Too much non gun stuff at the show. All the WWII memorabilia might be interesting to some folks but not me. Same goes for all the $.50 kids toys they try to sell for $5.

2. All the vendors sell the same guns. If you want a Glock, M&P’s or AR’s, each table has tons of them. Anything else is slim picking. I have been looking online for a CZ455 Varmit rifle in either 22LR or 17HMR for a while. I am the kind of person who doesn’t really want to buy pretty much anything unless I can see it and touch it. Over the past couple of years, I don’t think I have ever seen a CZ455 (in any configuration, much less any CZ handgun or other rifles) at any gun show.

A bunch of friends and myself went to a show at the Atlanta EXPO center and it is much better and bigger than the local shows around here.

I will go and spend the $7.50 or so just to get out of the house but I don't really expect to see too much there although I was surprised at the last show in Macon in which I saw KEL-TEC's new bullpup rifle and a TAVOR.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Ditto to most of above.

Gun show prices are never "good." They range from rip-off to "a decent deal; about what you could do price-shopping several local gun stores."

If you like AR's and AK's, gun shows are great. Lots of selection.
    If you like wood-stocked rifles, not so much.
    Nowhere near as many military surplus guns these days, compared to a generation ago.

At least both the Eastman and R.K. shows have gotten rid of the NAZI / white power stuff, and the flea market junk, and the jewelry. Gun show tables are full of guns, ammo, holsters, and other accessories related to guns.

5. DKW

DKW Active Member

At the September Eastman show in Macon, they had 1 or 2 tables of NAZI memorabilia and 1 or 2 other tables of flea market junk.

6. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Having historical memorabilia from WW2 is not that same thing as supporting Nazism or white power agenda.

Az

7. DKW

DKW Active Member

Agree. Didn't mean anything by that it just seems to me there is more of that type of stuff compared to other WW2 stuff.

8. John1976

John1976 New Member

I have a WW2 Nazi banner my uncle brought home from the POW camp he was in after he was shot down. Its history.

9. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

RK Shows are the only ones worth attending any more.