Gun Show in Cumming - November 13 & 14

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Macktee, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I've never coordinated a gun show before, so cut me some slack here.

OK, so I copied the following from AnnieO's post. So, shoot me...

Support GCO by volunteering at the RK Gun Show in Cumming at the Lakewood 400 Exhibit Center - 1321 Atlanta Hwy, Exit 13 off GA Hwy 9.

Please sign up for an hour or two to help GCO recruit new members. Gun shows are one of the best ways of getting GCO's name out there and signing up new members.

If you have never worked a gun show before, it is easy and lots of fun. I can attest to that. Personally, I really enjoy volunteering at these shows. It's a great way to meet some nice gun people and to promote GCO. Please check out the Gun Show Guidelines for Volunteers.

This is the first show I can remember in Cumming, so turnout should be heavy and the opportunity to sign up new members should be great. Consequently, more volunteers than usual would be appreciated and will almost certainly stay busy.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, email me at [email protected] or post a reply below.

ANYONE ATTENDING THIS SHOW FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECRUITING AT THE GEORGIACARRY TABLE WILL NEED TO PAY ADMISSION - NO FREE PASSES TO GAIN ACCESS TO THIS SHOW - GCO will gladly reimburse the entry fee if you spend a minimum of 2 hours recruiting - GooberTim

You can find a $1 off coupon for RK shows at this link:

http://www.rkshows.com/coupon.htm

Code:
    Weekend gun show (need AT LEAST two people per slot)
    Time                 Saturday                                 Sunday

Setup                Macktee AnnieO
    All day               Mark5019
    09-10                Macktee AnnieO                       (closed until 10:00 am)
    10-11                Macktee AnnieO  Fiwit             Mountainpass Adam5
    11-12                Fiwit                                     Mountainpass  Adam5
    12-01               Verbal101                               Mountainpass Zookeper  Adam5
    01-02               ForsythGlock  Scotsman            Mountainpass Zookeper  Ghostfinger
    02-03               ForsythGlock  Scotsman            Macktee  Ghostfinger
    03-04               Scotsman                               Macktee  AnnieO   
    04-05               Scotsman                               Macktee  AnnieO              

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Sunday morning----I'll open til ?????

3. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

if some one can post directions ill do it sat from 10 till....... mack kicks me out :)

4. mountainpass

I hope Mack doesn't get mad I told you how to get there. :shock:

These directions are from traveling northbound on GA400

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Condidering that I live five minutes away, you had better put me down for a few hours on Sunday.

6. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

[/quote:2yzpjx6l]

thank you

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Thanks guys.

I've changed the sign-up list to show when you'll arrive.

If you could tell me how long you plan to stay, I can also change it to show when you plan to leave.

Thanks again. Hopefully, we'll get at least a few more...

8. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

ill stay till end on sat

9. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

10. fiwit

fiwit New Member

I have a prior commitment that weekend, but if I can break away at all, I will... not sure when, though, if at all...

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Uhhhhhhhhh, people.

Thanks to those who have offered their time and efforts, but........

There are still quite a few holes in the schedule.

I know it's over a week in the future and we all have busy schedules, but.......

Ya know, it's never too early to think about volunteering for a hour or two or eight...

Thanks!

12. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

:bump:
    I know it's MackTee and all, but you can torture yourself for a couple of hours next weekend for GeorgiaCarry..... :shattered:

13. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Count me in for Saturday, 13 Nov 12-1.

14. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Thanks Verb! Happy to have you! Really happy.

We still have a week to go so, hopefully, we'll fill in the remaining blank spots.

Although, I must admit to having a few scary thoughts about this time next week rolling around with those blank spots still being blank...

[​IMG]

15. mountainpass

Mack I'll stay til 2:00.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll be there Sunday from 9:00 until 1:00 or so.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Come on people. GCO and GPDO have a lot of members of the Cumming/Forsyth County area. It's rare that we have a gunshow in our area. Let's step up to the plate and make a good showing.

You don't have to be a legal expert or quote word for word everything that GCO is doing or has done. All you have do is talk to people and speak from the heart about what brought you to GCO and how GCO has helped you.

Most of us can give a couple of hours for the benefit of our favorite gun rights group.

Step up and volunteer! Macktee won't bite (much).

18. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Yeah!

What Adam5 said!

The show is THIS COMING WEEKEND and we still have some holes in coverage of our table.

GCO doesn't ask much from us in return for all it does for us, but helping sign up new members is one of those things. Please, if at all possible, volunteer to spend some time helping this weekend.

Thanks.

19. AnnieO

AnnieO New Member

Cumming is brand new territory for our recruiting efforts!! This could be a big weekend if we get enough volunteers... :help:

20. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

I may still be a relative newbie, but I know there are some North Fulton / Forsyth folks that haven't chimed in yet. C'mon! Spend a couple of hours browsing, looking at guns, fantasizing about how good that new gun would look on your hip, convincing yourself that you really do need another gun, etc. Then spend another hour meeting/greeting fellow GCO members & recruiting new ones. It'll be fun!

Plus you just bought a new gun. How cool is that?