Gun show (Apr 21-22) Who's going!

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by foshizzle, Apr 18, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm going.

I'm not a big gun show guy but it's been probably 6 months and I need enough odds and ends that it's worth the entry fee, time and haggling for decent prices.

I'm just hoping that it's not swamped by people trying to stock up after VATech. That's kind of why I'm asking. I won't have enough disposable cash for another month if I miss this one :banghead:

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Nope. I'll wait until June for the Marietta show. I'm not worried that anything will "fast track" to worry about it that quickly. I'll bet the dealers will talk it up though.

3. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

where is the show???

I was unimpressed with the one in gainesville... I wanted more pieces parts holsters junk and they mostly had AR 15 parts and full handguns/rifles

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Apr 21-22 Atlanta, State Farmers Market

http://www.eastmangunshows.com/

Directions: It is right next to I-75, at the second exit south of I-285 on the south side. The exit is labeled "Forest Park / Farmer's Market". You can't miss it: Look for this sign 100ft up in the air -------->
    And here's a map.

Phone: (404) 675-1782. (not much useful information is available - see the individual listings below)

(I obviously cut and pasted the above :D )

I need Makarov ammo, 7.62, mags of all types, AK mag clamps, AK sling, SKS sling, pocket holster for my 642, always need cool militaria stuff, maybe a red-dot for my AR.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

6. maddog

maddog New Member

I will be going to show on sunday, just that I'll be going to Waycross show then going to range to try out new G34.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

when is the waycross show? this weekend? waycross is a little bit closer for me.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Foshizzle,

Bullseye in Cumming has about a dozen boxes (50 per) of Blazer Aluminum 9mm Makarov for $13 ea. If I remember right it's 95gr FMJ

9. maddog

maddog New Member

Yes, 21 & 22 April at the Fairgrounds in Waycross

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Thanks for the info! I'm just reading my SOG flier and they have it for 8.95 for +P FMJ. After 10 boxes those shipping costs really negate themselves over 13$ box locally :D

It's always a toss-up at gun-shows, but I'm hoping for cheap mak ammo if nothing else. That and the other odds and ends. I certainly wouldn't buy a gun at one though! But, like I said... it's the odds and ends that I need that make me want to go... that and it just happens to coincide with a pay raise and bonus :D If I don't spend it on stuff like guns and ammo it will just go towards bills and booze :D

11. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

I'm a little unclear on the sales process at GA gun shows. They fill out a 4473 on you, but they don't do background checks for pistol or rifle purchases, correct?

12. Macktee

Macktee New Member

They do the check. You'll see dealers all over the place on the phone calling in buyers' info.

13. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

I thought so. Waste of time for me to go until the GFL shows up, I get delayed at least three days every time.

14. jason1

jason1 New Member

I went to the Gainsville show and found out that their is more dealers there individual sellers.Which is bad because I was trying to finded a good deal on a ak47 which the dealers don't like to haggle on price.What happen to all the individual at the gunshows this is just crazy letting all the dealers take up the floor space. :roll:
    But it was pretty cool seeing all of kinds of firearms displayed on the show floor.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'm waiting for mine too. It'd still be nice to go and browse a little bit. Although, it's very tempting to buy.

16. maddog

maddog New Member

I also like to look around since there are no real sporting goods or gun shops in my area.

17. tony218

tony218 New Member

i may go to the one in forest park. don't know yet.
    i'll let ya'll know tomorrow

18. Wiley

Wiley New Member

I'll be going. Need to hit Georgia Arms for more ammo.

If you want a bigger venue wait until May 5-6 at the North Atlanta Trade Center. Atleast twice the space as the Farmers Market.

19. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I'll be back home in Atlanta that weekend. I might have to go to that. Not sure what the plans are going to look like yet, though.