Gun safety course, handgun, course hunter safety course,etc?

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by GAGunOwner, Sep 12, 2006.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Does anyone know of any cheap or free courses such as this that I can take around the metro ATL area or northwest GA area?

The reason I want to do this is so that I can apply for a non-res permit from other states.

I think I read on here awhile back about Bass ProShops doing this or the State of GA doing this for Hunter safety courses.

Thanks.

2. Taler

Taler New Member

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Funny this should come up today. I just taught a "State Sponsored" Hunters Education course last night. The courses are free of charge and can be located at the link Taler posted.

4. CrankE

CrankE New Member

Pannell's firearms in Woodstock has a hangdun safety course on Monday and Tuesday nights from 6PM to 8 PM. It's a two night course. The instructor is Leonard Vilchez. He's a certified instructor on the subject and I think he's a retired LEO. I took the course and enjoyed the instruction, the fundamentals, and improving some shooting errors I had. The cost is $80 which covers the whole thing, range time, glasses, hearing protection, targets, and all. http://www.pannellsfirearms.com

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I was going to bring up Pannels too. I am signing up for the class they are having in two weeks.

6. Ready

Ready New Member

My 10 year old son and I just took the Hunter Safety course offered at the Etowah Valley Sporting Clays Pavilion. This was a free class and taught by Joe Schuster.

I highly recommend this class and the instructor. He was a great teacher, kept us both interested the whole time. The main reason I wanted to take this class was to get my son more involved in shooting and for general firearm safety. Joe is all about safety.

The website for registration is www.gohuntgeorgia.com.

Did I say that I recommend this class.

Ready

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

USMC, I took a hunter safety course about 15 years ago. I have long since lost my card. Since I hear Florida will take these for proof of training for non-res I would like to get to get a replacement. Any advice?
    Thanks!

8. USMC - Retired

If you took your course in Georgia it's as simple as going to thislinkand following the instructions.

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

You are 'DA MAN!!!! :D :D :D :D

10. USMC - Retired

You are 'DA MAN!!!! :D :D :D :D[/quote:10xcbwkx]

That's what all the ladies tell me... :wink:

11. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Or you could do a few years in the mlitary, send FL a copy of your discharge papers and be done with it. They meet the "gun-safety" requirements. Of course... it may take a few years to get them... :-k

I'm sure you'll stay stateside for 4 years :^o

:D

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I don't know what Uncle Sam would want with a 30 year old fat guy.

13. M249

M249 New Member

Only 30 years old? You're but a spring chicken, Doc. There are some friendly guys in cool hats down in Columbus who can help you with the other concern. :D